Hi members

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronsfolly

Ron Cullen
Reaction score
Just signed up, I have been reading the comments on the various topics and thought I needed to become a menber.
I live in Sydney and have a GPX5000 been out on several occasions mostly around Hill End with little success to date.
Happy to team up with anyone to do some swinging, now retired and have the time to do some prospecting.

Welcome. I am new to the forum as well but have been prospecting for several years. I don't know the NSW fields very well but I can recommend a book for you:
'Hillendiana' by Donald Friend. It was first published in 1956 and the copy I have is a 1978 reprint. It deals with Hill End goldfields. A quick google shows it is for sale on the net. I wouldn't bother for a first edition as there are a couple of reprints for sale cheap. Could be in your local library?

I don't run a 5000 - I run a 2200D but have used a mates 5000 to work on patches - pretty impressive machine.

Good luck.

G'day ronsfolly, welcome aboard, I'm from Sydney also and have a 5000 too. Great machine, I just need some gold now also, should get some soon.

Found any interesting targets yet?

Welcome to the forum ronsfolly and loamer. I hope the forum threads give you many hours of informative reading and become a valuable tool in your research. Look forward to sharing your adventures and hope the nuggets don't prove too elusive. Best of luck out there.

Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts