Hi from UK

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi. my first post. I'm from The UK Iv had a bit of treasure hunting experience with a minelab xterra 705 and done a bit of panning in Scotland, not much success with the panning but kept me fit up to my thighs in water digging up river beds, a few flakes is all no value. did have lots of success with the detector though, in the first 3 months I found a medieval gold seal matrix which was declared treasure trove and sits in the british museum now, I got a finders reward, found silver roman coins, celtic, roman, saxon, viking, medieval artifacts and coins, I was dubbed the luckiest detectorist alive haha (Jammy bastard) to my friends. I had a 3 page article done on me in the 'treasure seeker magazine' I sold my detector after finding the gold seal, figured it was all gonna be disappointing after that, I have always pined to metal detect for gold in Australia, well I will be visiting friends in NSW Lismore, I will be there for a month (february 2019) and was wondering if there was anywhere within 100 mile or so where I could maybe hire a detector or do a tour? or would I be better advised to travel further afield? Thanks for any advice.

Latest posts