Hi from Thurgoona (Albury)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midlifecrisis

Trevor
Reaction score
Just thought I would introduce myself I am in my late 50s and have always been into the outdoors with my wife 4Wheeling driving and offroad racing,if only I had been into prospecting earlier. I have been 4WDing in some great gold areas. I have found some people in my area to point me in the right direction I HOPE. I have got a Sluice,Garrett pans and yabbie pump so that's where I will start for now.
Just one Question when I decide to get a detector am I better getting a cheaper one and learning or go straight to a good one (mine lab) Cheers Trevor

Welcome to Prospecting Australia Trevor,

As a general rule you get what you pay for, so if you are looking at getting serious about detecting (i.e. a part time profession or to supplement your income) then you might want to consider a serious detector. Location and budget also needs to be considered before making your purchase, there's not much point in spending $6,000 on a GPX 5000 when the nearest goldfield is 5-6 hours away. That's just my opinion though.

If you have a look under the metal detector section you should be able to find the info you're looking for, if not please don't hesitate to ask questions in the relevant sections.

All the best with it.

Cheers,
Nugget

Latest posts