Hi from SA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all!

My Name is Dylan and I'm new to this forum and Fossicking. A mate and myself went to Jupiter Creek for the first time the other day, didn't get to spend too much time there as that huge storm was coming in, got some dirt to take home and pan though, didn't find much (some weird orange/red what seemed like metal that was heavier than sand) but already hooked!!!

Heading back there tomorrow morning, any hints or tips for a couple of newbies?

Anyway, can't wait to read all the posts and try and absorb as much information as i can from this forum!

Hi Jaros

I'm currently in SA. My mate has a metal detector so we'll be taking that out to Jupiter creek along with some pans today. Hopefully the gold gods are on our side!

Jaros said:
Welcome Annunaki/Dylan. What State are you in? Do you have Metal Detector or pinpointer. Makes all easier.
Jaros :p

Hey wishful,

Unsure on the detector as its my mates.. just got back from jupiter creek got one decent sounding but then once we started digging the signal got patchy.. water was running into our hole so not sure if the clay started messing with the detector. All trial and error i guess! Still had a blast

Welcome to the forum, don't forget the Chapel Hill diggings just up the road from Jupiter Creek, and Mt Crawford as well. Forum sponsor Phasetech (Nenad) regularly tests his detectors out at Jupiter Creek and still manages to find a few pieces. Chapel Hill has plenty of water in the dams for panning (just watch put for the deep obscured shafts), and some of the small creeks at Crawford are generally flowing this time of year if you want to have a go up that way (need a permit there). :)

Thanks Goldpick! Is Chapel hill near the onk river??

Actually found it on google maps! Will suss it out

Welcome to the forum.

Jupiter Ck has been well gone over but there's bits still hiding there. Got this one last week.

1477350290_20161021_123238-1.jpg

wow well done! My mate and I haven't had any luck with detecting there yet. found some old nails and stuff like that but still haven't found that first nugget! have found some really fine gold panning but nothing substantial yet. Doesn't stop us trying though! :D

PhaseTech said:
Welcome to the forum.

Jupiter Ck has been well gone over but there's bits still hiding there. Got this one last week.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3149/1477350290_20161021_123238-1.jpg

Latest posts