Hi from Central Queensland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm Scott from CQ, I'm new to prospecting i have been doing alot of research for awhile but haven't had a chance yet to get out on the gold fields, I currently own an Xterra 705 gold pack which i bought off my father inlaw, who is essentially my tradie. I've been keeping the itch satisfied by hitting the local parks hunting for lose change :D

I also enjoy fossicking for Sapphires out at the Gemfields, my wife and i have been quite lucky finding some nice cutters, nothing that helps pay the bills but still some nice gemstones.

G,day Mate, welcome to the forum. Is their a meaning to your user ID, good luck with your detecting.

Cheers, DD

Hi thanks DD.

Nah nothing too exciting, its just a user ID that I use for everything, i have been using it for a while now.
It came from an old Metallica song "Metal Militia"

Ha, Ive never been asked that question before, thanks Digger Danny you took me back for a while :D

Welcome to the forum Scott, there are a few 705 operators on here, hopefully you find some of the info helpfull. :)

Hi fixzit,
grew up in Rocky, now live in Gracemere. How about yaself?
Have you been prospecting/fossicking/hunting for treasure long?

Goldpick said:
Welcome to the forum Scott, there are a few 705 operators on here, hopefully you find some of the info helpfull. :)
Thanks Goldpick, there are definately some interesting reads on here, its a great way for the prospecting community to share their knowledge with like minded people :)

I have a bunch of questions, just don't know which one to start with :cool:

Spit them out, I'm sure someone will be up to the task in answering your questions. Any 705 related question can be posted in the Metal Detecting/Minelab section. :)

M3talmiliti4 said:
Hi fixzit,
grew up in Rocky, now live in Gracemere. How about yaself?
Have you been prospecting/fossicking/hunting for treasure long?

I just moved to Gladstone from sunny Mt Isa, I also just started prospecting (metal detecting) a few months ago when I was in Isa, never found any gold though. But only from panning found a bit of specks very exciting. How far is Gracemere from Gladstone, would like to go prospecting together if you interested since I am new in town alone?

Gracemere is abot 10k south west of Rocky and about 100k north of Gladstone. We have no GP areas around Rocky and Gladstone unfortunately so I'm currently working on permission from land owners to access their property, if i have any luck I'll let ya know :)

I haven't done to much research for the gladstone area, but this link is worth a read along with a good geo map, let me know how you go in and around the glady area.

http://www.treasureenterprises.com/gold prospecting information/Gold_Occurrences_in_Central_Qld.htm

I have read the link, yeah me too working on permission at the moment hopely something exciting happen this weekend :)

Latest posts