Hi from Phillip Island

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Reasonably new to Gold detecting, had an Xterra 705 for a couple years working the beaches down here, but wanted to find more than bottle caps and broken phones!
So upgraded to a GM, had a few trips out to Kingower and found lots of nails, bullets and older bottle caps, but no gold as yet.
Really impressed with the content on this forum and hope to learn a great deal from it to help me finding my first of many shinny things.

Went out with a mate the other day who has a 2300 and was very interesting doing some tests between the 2 machines, he loved how light mine was, but the GM could not pick up a piece of gold he had dug to around 10cm, where the SDC was picking it up. Could be my tuning or might just need to upgrade again soon.

Regardless, I have been heading into the bush for 35 years and have always loved the serenity, so now I have another hobby that gets me out!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Helitours, and welcome to PA.

Nice spot there in Phillip Island, when we lived closer to Melbourne we used to regularly rent a little house down at Sunderland Bay. When I was a kid I went hunting for agates at Kitty Miller Bay with my cousins. Good luck in your hunting, I was in Kingower on the weekend near Nuggety Hill.

Latest posts