Howdy from The Ballarat Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi fellow prospectors,
Long time reader first time poster,
My name is Markie_d, I live in Ballarat Victoria, I am in my mid 30's. With two young sons who also like to come along on my prospecting adventures.
I have been gold panning and working creeks for years. My main interest is gold, but i have also hunted for gemstones and other minerals throughout the years. And i fiddle with a little bit of lapidary, Rock tumbling, grinding cabs and just collecting specimens.
I'm pretty experienced when it comes to panning, but I have recently purchased my first metal detector and have absolutely 0 experience with detectors.

- My gear -

I have three main setups for gold prospecting.

Setup 1, sample panning. (obviously the first step to finding gold)
Pans, classifiers, river sluice, and crevicing tools.

Setup 2. Wash station. (Once i have found pay dirt)
Trommel, Large Sluice Box (home made, I'm a decent welder), submergable electric dirty water pump, Generator,

Setup 3. Metal detector (just purchased)
Nokta Makro Gold Kruzer, (and a triton 4x4 hahaha)

I also have a wonderful collection of maps, books and various other information for the Victorian goldfields, both historical and modern information.

Its nice to be part of a group of like minded people, Hopefully this is the start of many more conversations to come.

Happy gold hunting.

Peace - Markie_D.

"Secret Squirrel Section" :lol: :lol:

Now you're giving your age away Anniegee :)

And don't forget Atom Ant and Basil Brush!
1603257320_images.jpg

HippyProspecting said:
Welcome markie d

It sounds like your in a good location and the :goldnugget: fever has well set in

Thanks mate, yep it is handy being in Ballarat, I think i have had for the fever for a while..... hahaha.

Latest posts