Hi Everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im a new member and have little knowledge of prospecting but have wanted to for years, Obviously its best to get involved in a group and try to read up as much as possible before picking brains. I wish you all great luck and look forward to sharing my progress as I go.

Daveđź‘Ť

Last edited:
Im a new member and have little knowledge of prospecting but have wanted to for years, Obviously its best to get involved in a group and try to read up as much as possible before picking brains. I wish you all great luck and look forward to sharing my progress as I go.

Daveđź‘Ť
Welcome to the Forum Dave...research is your best friend in this hobby and there is much to be gained from reading and getting involved in the threads here that are of interest to you.

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. Research and listening to others with experience is a very important part of learning the game.
I suggest however the most important part would be learning from your own experience.
If you don’t have one already, buy a gold pan and get out there this weekend to you nearest goldfield or creek (you never know what will turn up). Learn that before you even think about spending big on a detector.
Tell us how you go and you’ll have all the advice to go on from there.

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. Research and listening to others with experience is a very important part of learning the game.
I suggest however the most important part would be learning from your own experience.
If you don’t have one already, buy a gold pan and get out there this weekend to you nearest goldfield or creek (you never know what will turn up). Learn that before you even think about spending big on a detector.
Tell us how you go and you’ll have all the advice to go on from there.
Thanks for the feedback Hawkear, been looking but certainly not ready for a detector or even sluice yet. I have a distant friend whose got some gear but Im excited to learn my own path as well. You tubing on here seems to be a great start, Have been looking for a good beginners book and one for identifying minerals but theres so many to choose from, I've been around alot of creeks and rivers fishing for many years and know how to read the bends really well, I know what to look for from videos so Im pretty happy with that, got some great old tools for crevice work but as you say, Ill just go buy a pan, take a shovel and start sifting through it first.

Latest posts