Hi everyone!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, my name is nick and I am 22. My best mate and I have recently been reading about gold panning and have decided to try it as a hobby, we are keen to try the shoalhaven river but as newbies have basically no idea what we are doing except for the basic gold panning techniques and the idea of buying some equiptment.

If anyone would be able to help, or possibly even meet us and show us the ropes we would be very appreciative.
:) Cheers Nick.

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum. Watch a lot of the U-tube vids and read the forum sections. Learn to read maps etc. There is a lot you will learn. Enjoy
Jaros :p

Hi Nick and welcome to the forum mate, i am from wollongong also so the next time i am off to the shoalhaven i will let you know, not that i am an expert by any stretch of the imagination but its always good to go with others when learning and what Jaros said is very true

Hi Jamie, Thank you very much.
Yeah sounds great! We are heading down on Sunday to try out luck and hopefully learn how to read rivers And find where the gold is haha

the good thing wilth the shoalhaven and in particular oallen ford is you pick up a rock, throw said rock, dig where it lands and you find gold, its a good spot with plenty of flood gold, just be aware the bridge work is in full swing at the moment
Good luck down there mate and happy hunting

The bridge work? We are making a cheap sluice from a 2m length of pvc rectangular down pipe and some ribbed matting. Oh really?

Latest posts