Hi all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to prospecting and live in norther nsw.
I been researching a lot about the upper clearance/ drake/ Rocky river gold fields and want to get out there and wash some rocks.
So far I have found small amounts of flour gold just panning classified dirt from out toloom and a few other places but really want to get into some creeks and gully’s for an explore.
Any advice is welcomed

Hi Mr happy
I'm also from northern Rivers area (copmanhurst) if anyone knows where that is. On the Clarence river.
There is good gold to be recovered from the Clarence the whole length. There's some wild country up around upper toloom and some wilder characters 😂
Ewingar produces nice gold up around the old bulldog diggings as does washpool creek.
Nana glen/ coramba/ glenreagh (upper orara goldfields) can do well but again rough goings steep and leachy but hey that's what we love 👍
Dalmorton is another great place,access is generally pretty good out there and I have won good gold from the river. (Boyd river).
Good luck out there 🍀

Just spent 5 days down there unfortunately the area was flooded and heavy overgrown eager to get back down there when every has settled down did a lot of exploring bloody rain won’t stop did speak to a local it hard to get in at the moment till everything dies of and creeks settle down

Hi big Kenny,
Yea I haven't been in there this year just a little poke around the south part.
I'm heading out the back of glenreagh for a few days from today but forecast a bit of rain and storm so will see how it pans out.... Hahaha get it pans out 🤣

Hi big Kenny,
Yea I haven't been in there this year just a little poke around the south part.
I'm heading out the back of glenreagh for a few days from today but forecast a bit of rain and storm so will see how it pans out.... Hahaha get it pans out 🤣
Was going to go to go to gleanreach but all that rain stopped me heading that way good luck have herd kangaroo creek dose well

Latest posts