Hi All

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMac77

Pete
Reaction score
G'day All,
I'm a total newbie to detecting, in the coming weeks I will be purchasing a Minelab GPX 5000 and like many looking for Gold with my wife and our youngest son.We can't wait to get out there and look for some Nugs and learn all we can about detecting. We'll be starting out in the Wedderburn, Inglewood and Maryborough areas ( family there).No doubt we'll bring home tonnes of trash, rust, and leadshot lol, but if we are lucky enough and learn enough maybe one day some Gold. Looking forward to learning heaps from all of you. Great forum by the way.

Cheers.

Hi Mate welcome :) unfortunately I'm a Welshie and can't offer you any tips on where to detect in Vic

I can offer some safety advice tho: Pack for the unexpected, first aid, gps phone app whatever long as it works, plenty of water , always tell someone where abouts your heading, theres plenty of half hidden shafts, and keep an eye out for killer black snakes!

Enjoy the forum!

Welcome to PA PMac77.

Does your avatar reflect the weather in Mildura at the moment? :cool:

Good luck mate!

Cheers,
Megsy

MegsyB007 said:
Welcome to PA PMac77.

Does your avatar reflect the weather in Mildura at the moment? :cool:

Good luck mate!

Cheers,
Megsy

Yeah pretty much, we've had a couple of warm ones lol

diggit said:
Welcome. Good to have family in such a rich area :)

This is true diggit,

It's still a bit daunting learning the Crown land areas that we can/can't detect on. Plenty of research to do! It seems from posts in the forum that Geo vic and parks vic will be a good place to start for maps and info.

Latest posts