Hi all, newb here.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm from Cairns and a complete newb to prospecting. I'm trying to figure out the best way to start, the sites I can go to are a 850km round trip away, so I kinda want to figure out as much as I can before I go on my first trip.

I plan to get a pan/sieve, got most everything else. Looking at hiring a detector but jeez they're not cheap!

Any suggestions/comments welcome.

Cheers, Dan

Welcome! Thats a massive round trip!! Hopefully you can pick up some great info on this forum to make the trip worth it!!

Yea it's a fair hike and I'm sure they're are closer places to go but I really want gold specifically not really interested in gems/crystals. I plan to go out to Western Creek or Flat Creeks Stations and camp 1-2 nights while having a look for the yellow stuff. Been looking at mini sluices but not sure if I'm allowed to use them where I'm going.

Thanks mate. I hope I do too. It's more of a new hobby for me and my 7yo duaghter, something to do together while finding new camping spots. I can't wait to give it a crack haha

Gday Dan
Welcome
There is a few of us running around up here in FNQ
On this forum look at Maps and Research on page 2 there is a far amount of info about the cairns area

Cheers :cool:

Latest posts