HELP Needed - Elderly Couple Has Lost a Gold Wedding Ring

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Jamie. :cool:

My brother borrowed my ALDI detector to find a lost ring at a farm last week. After 3 months lost in the house paddock lawn he hit gold on the fourth target.

Everyone was happy and the kids spent the rest of the day flattening the batteries.

I'm very confident with my 705 and have found other diamond rings and silver chains buried deep,
I'd be happy to travel that far to do a good deed if somebody flew me down, I could pay my accommodation and find a place to stay for a week or so..
But surely there is somebody closer?

My Wife's Nana lost her wedding ring.
She thought she lost it in the garden so I went and searched for it with my GT1600.
I turned the whole place upside down but to no avail. Found a lot of stuff and the coins that came
out were fast and thick. She gave them to me.
Anyway,
About 3 months later we were at the in laws place prepping for an evening meal and I moved the table out.
There it was. Sitting square under the bottom of the table leg. :lol:
One of those feel good moments. :D

Well we went and done a pretty extensive search of the area and its surroundings but to no avail, was finding ring pulls, bottle tops, a coin etc just under the surface so I am confident that if it was still there we would have found it, I have to admit I am really disappointed we couldn't find the ring but it wasn't through lack of trying that's for sure and got to meet another forum member which I will say is a great bloke so not all was bad, any way that's my report on it, I am going to go for a detect now as a pick me up and maybe I can find a shilling to cheers me up lol

Edit for spelling

Yep,... great try you had for them,... sometimes you have a win,... other times the morning walkers have already picked up a better bonus than what the doggy leaves for them, and then there is just nothing left to be able to find,... gotta get out of bed early to beat all the old wisend walkers.,... they probably all recon "oooh look,.. it's a detectorist,... geeeee they're up late" (ha) :eek:

You may feel like this
1439098776_image.jpg

But we think you look like this; a true hero moment (just without the gold), I applaud you for trying. :cool:

1439098823_image.jpg

Ramjet said:
Another thought is that often a lost item is not where the person believes they lost it.
Yep they flick off peoples fingers,.... although with the elderly they don't flick far,... with alsheimers though, it could have flicked up onto the kitchen windowsill(ha) :eek:

I came up to help look around the lake about 2pm but there was no-one detecting. I just got handed my brother's detector today so would have liked to have had a rough

location of where it was lost so I could have a look myself.

Did you get any clues from the paper or the elderly couple themselves Jamie?

Great that you had a go.

Thanks everyone the kind works means a lot

Karen you would have just missed us, sorry to not have met you, it was in front of the play equipment between the two feeding pontoons, detectist and myself searched the said area and also went around the lake for a check

And the afternoon hunt didn't go as planned either but that's how it goes sometimes, ended up driving a couple of hours down the coast to realise I forgot my pinpointer at home on the bench with the screwdriver that I took out of my pocket when I got home from the mornings effort lol

Edit for lack of typing ability and spelling

It was good to have met Jamie today. We gave it a good go. Funnily enough, once we had detected the primary search zone we were told that the ring could have been dropped a bit further on. We were getting the story 2nd and 3rd hand which in the circumstances was understandable but ...

The search by others on Friday was actually 2 "local" detectorists of long standing.

Anyway, good to meet another forum member and hope to go on a more successful hunt in the future. Apart from a coin I found I picked up an old button made in London with a crown and crest. I'll have to try to identify it.

Pity we missed you Karen. Meeting even more Forum members would have been good.

It would have been difficult to detect today. There were so many people and children playing.

Thanks for revealing the suspected location. I may try there through the week when it's a lot more quiet to give the detector a go.

Yes, sorry to have missed you guys too. May bump into you some other time.

You may be saving your luck for the goldfields. Nice try though

I went hunting for a mates lost ring one time, he told me exactly where to go, 3rd target was a gold and diamond ring which was not his, couldn't for the life of me find his ring. Then about 3 months back he tells me he found it behind his bed. :) Lost rings are sometimes nowhere near where the person thinks it was lost.

Hopefully though this couple get their ring returned to them, it would be nice.

Livin the dream there Heatho,.... I looked for a lost gold ring once for a bloke(his wedding band), and couldn't find it either,.. went to the blokes home then and third target in the grass was his wifes lost $3 000 ring,.. been lost for a while too,... she got home and was thrilled enough to empty the fridge of woodstock for me. ;)

Latest posts