HELP Needed - Elderly Couple Has Lost a Gold Wedding Ring

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got this via email a few hours ago:

-----------------------
Hi there. An elderly couple, married 56 years, has lost a gold wedding ring in a local park. The wife is going blind with macula degeneration and couldn't see where her ring fell. The newspaper (Southern Highland News) would like to help this vulnerable couple (aged in their 80s) as they have no family nearby. We are looking for a Good Samaritan with a metal detector and a little time to volunteer. If any of your members are able to help (in Mittagong NSW), we'd welcome their call to the Southern Highland News on 4861 2333.

Thanks and regards, Ainsleigh Sheridan
[email protected]
------------------------

Do we have someone here who's up for this challenge?

Events like this really stress the person that lost the ring. I hope someone local will be able to help them out. If I lived there I would!! Good luck I am sure some kind member will find it for them.

Great one Jamie, Your a legend. And who knows, they might know a few gold and gem spots. ;) Anyway im sure any conversation with people that old is generally golden anyway. Good luck with the search.

Cracka.

well i have told my partner about what is going on and she said go and do it, i have rang the paper and am waiting on a call back from them, the thing that is worrying me is i am still getting used to my xterra 305 so hopefully i can help them find it but am nervous about not knowing my detector well enough

that and i dont really have a proper digging tool, but i am sure i can find a decent little spade to get me by, and if someone could shoot me a pm or post here about the best and relative easy way to grid the park would be appreciated as i am still fairly new at detecting a park

Sounds pretty recent Jamie, so if it's still there it's most likely just on the soil under the grass. Good luck and a great gesture. Wish i was closer to help you out.

Remember you may have to do some gridding and expand the area.

Many people think they lost if in A when they lost it at B.

If you can get them to just explain what they were doing and where they walked - not where they think they lost it...

If may also help you.

Best of luck.

just got off the phone with the paper, there is a group organized for friday lunchtime to go search for the ring, Ainsleigh (from the paper) said she will give me a ring on friday afternoon and let me know how they go and if i am needed sunday, she also told me how and where it happened and by the looks of it, it is going to be a somewhat difficult spot to search

For this interested.

The original story:

CAN you complete this story's circle and help find a missing ring?
Mary Sinclair went for a walk around Lake Alexandra last Wednesday.
She brushed away a buzzing insect and her wedding ring slipped off.
Mrs Sinclair has macular degeneration and couldn't see where it fell.
She and husband Frank, married 56 years, need help to find the ring.
Mrs Sinclair said the ring is gold and platinum with a faceted look.
The Sinclairs have reported the lost ring to Bowral Police Station.
But is there a good-hearted Highlander with time and tools to volunteer?
If you can help the Sinclairs, please call the newspaper on 4861 2333.
Or if you find a ring at Lake Alexandra in Mittagong, please hand it in.

1438750056_capture.jpg

Overhead

1438750075_capture1.jpg

I presume they stuck on the path. Hopefully the grass hasn't been mown since the loss.
Or it could have rolled lakeside into the gardens.

1438750138_capture2.jpg

Latest posts