Hello from Knoxville

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello guys!
I am Carlo, Italian born and completely beginner in gold detecting and panning. Also quite new in Australia, where I arrived 6 months ago. Still in my honeymoon phase, it is a privilege and luck to live and work in your country.
My gear just bought:
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Panning kit
Basic tools (pick, shovel etc)
I have been reading a lot all the informative posts, reading some books, watching youtube channels and I am frankly quite excited about this new hobby and adventure.
Trying to find some nice locations around Melbourne to go panning, and planning a camping trip to do some detecting in the Golden Triangle.
Thanks to all the experts and mates in this forum.
Cheers!
Carlo

Welcome elbohemio. You will learn a lot at the forum. Everyone is very friendly and very helpful especially towards us newbies. I wish you a merry Christmas and all the very best as you pursue your new hobby.

Happy Prospecting :D

B n B

Welcome to PA Calo you have got a good start up there and with the golden triangle not far away get out and have some fun and enjoy your new hobby.
Roy

I am back from my first camping in the golden triangle, with some findings, picture attached.
I think I am on the right track! :lol:

Everything was found in Creswick area near Slaty creek campground.

Been panning in Warrandyte area ( permitted area along the Andersons creek), nothing. Not even black sand, and I dug deep.

Searching for new areas now, when I get my first color I will show you guys... :8
1546415377_img_0768.jpg

Cheers