Hello from Canberra

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello erverybody,

my name is Klaus. I moved last year from Germany to Australia (Canberra).
Im very interested in prospecting and I have decided to buy a SDC 2300 next week.
I heard about a licence for prospecting and fossicking in NSW. But I couldnt find any information about a licence for ACT.

Greatings
Klaus

Sorry for my bad english

Welcome Klaus .IN my mind a good choice in detectors .Enjoy the site. Cant help u with licence details as i live in qld .

Welcome Klaus, you'd be going to NSW and beyond to find gold I'm not aware of anywhere in the ACT.
Jon

Welcome Klaus,in NSW you don't need a permit to fossick or detect unless you are going into a state forest,just google "state forest permit NSW. $27 per year if I remember correctly.Not sure about A.C.T.

Hi Klaus

No permit system in the ACT. Not many gold areas in ACT and most that are, are on private property and particularly are in the National Parks which, like in NSW at present, are no go areas for detecting.

In NSW you will need a permit to detect in certain areas of State Forests. Do a search in this forum there should be plenty of info about that.

Good luck.