Hello Folks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to the game with a 1 day old SDC..

Looking to go out to Daylesford for a play and learn the art on the weekend..

Happy to hear about some nice places to try out...

G'Day Eureka70... I recently moved up to the Ballarat area and have been visiting Daylesford (or at least Eganstown) for a while now... it's a nice area and if you are panning you can at least be fairly sure you will come away with some little crystals/stones.
I've only got a cheapo Kogan detector so I am not on level footing with you... but it's all fun either way.
Enjoy the forums there is a wealth of knowledge here and you will be ten times more informed than you were in no time.

Welcome Eureka70. The SDC is an excellent machine. It will pick up a bit of gold the size of a pin head and lead shot and ring pulls etc.
There is a different sound on gold or lead shot compaired to ring pulls and tacks, tin etc. listen very carefully, I set discrimination on 3, search with coil on the ground and slow.

Cheers

Welcome Eureka70. The SDC is an excellent machine. It will pick up a bit of gold the size of a pin head and lead shot and ring pulls etc.
There is a different sound on gold or lead shot compared to ring pulls and tacks, tin etc. listen very carefully, I set discrimination on 3, search with coil on the ground and slow.

Cheers

Woops doubled up sorry

Hi Guys,

Thx for the warm welcoming.
Have been reading a lot of the posts and it appears I need to do some home work before I leave home..

Cheers...

Latest posts