Hello All

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to everyone, im new to this 'gold' thing but have always wanted to buy a gold detector and go have a look, never thought about trying to get rich from it just the chance of getting lucky maybe!
My Uncle Douglas had been detecting for around 30 years (I am sure some of you would know or would have met him)and quite often stopped by over the years on his way home from fossicking and always showed us something he found, I could tell by his excitement that he loved the chase and chance of finding the good stuff, so after too many years of thinking about it im 'gunna' have ago. I love the bush so if I don't find too much I will still be a winner :). my user name says it all about my skills with gold (none)
I think I will buy the whites spp, have looked and read a bit about detectors and think the spp is about my limit for cost, don't think I can get a vlf as it may get on my nerves screaming at the hot rocks and not being able to GB it.
really looking forward to getting out and have'n ago and maybe meeting a few members too.
will post something when I get my detector.

cheers, Numpty.....Andy.

thanks for the welcome gents, I think I will fit right in here.
AtomRat im in Croydon vic.
yes I love a good or bad joke too so fling em at me ;)

thanks mate, im have'n fun just look'n at everyones posts. really enjoying this,
when I get my detector and get ready for a trip it will be like the night before Christmas when ya a kid (im 47)and cant sleep hehe

numpty said:
thanks for the welcome gents, I think I will fit right in here.
AtomRat im in Croydon vic.
yes I love a good or bad joke too so fling em at me ;)
I lived on top of Loughnan's Hill in Ringwood, Summit crescent near the water tank.--Just next door --then-21 yrs ago.
Nice views.
Jaros

numpty said:
thanks mate, im have'n fun just look'n at everyones posts. really enjoying this,
when I get my detector and get ready for a trip it will be like the night before Christmas when ya a kid (im 47)and cant sleep hehe

yeah right, im 5 mins away from there, get sick of the cold jaros?

Avenged said:
Hi Numpty!

Welcome :)
At least you and I have two things in common.. we're both from the same state, and we both have no skill with the gold yet! :p

Hi Avenged thanks mate, bit of luck we might bust our cherry soon, yes I know nufink about gold apart from its yellowish and heavy :D

Welcome Andy,

Plenty of good information in the forums, enough to keep you occupied for some time!

Best of luck,

M

Latest posts