Having a head for prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just curious - how many of you have the same problem?
I have had 2 gold on-lays done to my teeth, much like a gold cap. I am half way through getting my third! Too much night time teeth grinding is the culprit :(

1611905036_those-guys-with-metal.jpg

So, to the point, when I squat down with the plastic spoon going over the coil and looking for the target, if I lean to close - it sets off the detector. The wife thinks it's quite funny, but I find it somewhat annoying.

At least I always have a test piece with me!

What sets your detector off.....???

1611904402_perv.jpg

Hard Luck said:
I keep forgetting I'm wearing steel capped boots.

Bunnings sell a good pair of all composite boots with zero metal for around $100. Best investment we made after the frustration of steel cap boots. Then there is the times I forget my wedding ring and watch and realize I wasn't onto that 3 ouncer.... 8.(

Several times now I have forgotten to take off my watch - and that's a screamer when put over the coil - and it's not even a metal watch, all rubber, but obv has internal metal.
I have composite toed boots that have a tiny metal clip above the side zip that will also scream if the coil gets too close. Basically metal is bad. No metal. Need to wear a rubber hazmat suit and NOTHING ELSE! lmao

dam it said:
:argh: Donn Know mate I had a metal plate in my head for a few years
Never affected any of my machines :D
But I dont find much Gold :lol: 8.( 8.(

Obviously needed a bigger coil :playful: :lol:
Do you know what the plate was made of?

Latest posts