Has The Golden Triangle All Been Detected Thoroughly?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you are getting very small gold for a 5000. It's similar to what we get with the 6000 but I think the 5000 is better on the big deep gold and the 5000 is much more reliable. The only problems I ever had with the 4500 were broken wires that I could easily fix in the field. When the 6000 dies, and it regularly does, all you can do is pack it up and send it back.
Appreciate your honesty. The modded 5000 may even beat the 6000 on small gold also...I haven't done the tests or comparisons with a 6000 operator...but I've had a least 10 digs of disbelief, in just the first 5 weeks of owning it, digging ghost or faint ground signals that basically didn't exist, where I've said to myself "If this is gold, this is the best detector in the world". And they were all gold at depth up to 1 foot. 0.03 and 0.05 grammers up to 6 inches deep, 0.1, 0.2, 0.5 grammers and species up to 1 foot.

And they were all gold at depth up to 1 foot. 0.03 and 0.05 grammers up to 6 inches deep, 0.1, 0.2, 0.5 grammers and species up to 1 foot.
On your modded 5000 then with what size coil produced your impressive depths on all of those at 6 inches up to 1 foot?

So far the 12x8 Evo has been doing all the finding, but I haven't had a chance to try the other coils yet. I'm sure the 15" Evo would unearth something interesting and maybe also the 12" Evo...Another bloke on Youtube uses the mod with larger coils and has had some impressive results...

I never thought I'd get there, but today found the 1000th nugget from my patch. 485 pre-mod and 515 with the modded 5000 on a "dead" patch.
I don't think it's quite done yet, but I'll have to weigh up the opportunity cost of eking out a few more versus spending that time looking for a new area.

I never thought I'd get there, but today found the 1000th nugget from my patch. 485 pre-mod and 515 with the modded 5000 on a "dead" patch.
I don't think it's quite done yet, but I'll have to weigh up the opportunity cost of eking out a few more versus spending that time looking for a new area.
I have a GPX6000 and I am in Canada. But I was wondering what is the name of the company “mods” detectors in Australia.?

Adrock, after finding your 1000th nugget, you're not helping the gold situation for the rest of us.

Regards Axtyr.

I have a GPX6000 and I am in Canada. But I was wondering what is the name of the company “mods” detectors in Australia.?
Woody at ballerat in victoria, detector mods and another man in dunolly victoria called detectronics

It's not done until I do it, and even when I say I'm finished, it's not, I just depends on how much effort I put into the ground!!

Last edited:
Appreciate your honesty. The modded 5000 may even beat the 6000 on small gold also...I haven't done the tests or comparisons with a 6000 operator...but I've had a least 10 digs of disbelief, in just the first 5 weeks of owning it, digging ghost or faint ground signals that basically didn't exist, where I've said to myself "If this is gold, this is the best detector in the world". And they were all gold at depth up to 1 foot. 0.03 and 0.05 grammers up to 6 inches deep, 0.1, 0.2, 0.5 grammers and species up to 1 foot.
Very interesting, but I'm worried that over time the circuitry of my old 5k has gone wrong or right, upgrading it might effect the anomaly..

Of course not: think about all the gold that could be found if we just bulldozed all the little towns in the GT that were built atop of gold sites.

Think also about what'd happen if the law changed in terms of what kind of machinery would be permissible to use for amateur prospecting? If you could take five, ten, twenty feet of the soil off?

Greetings from Melbourne.

Of course not: think about all the gold that could be found if we just bulldozed all the little towns in the GT that were built atop of gold sites.

Think also about what'd happen if the law changed in terms of what kind of machinery would be permissible to use for amateur prospecting? If you could take five, ten, twenty feet of the soil off?

Greetings from
I went to Maryborough once, couldn't help notice the heaps from the ground being dozed.
I have put massive amounts of energy into deeper ground.
The spaces between old timers digs represents higher bedrock topography so deep channels were the direction.(not visible from the surface)
To do what you wish for from my limited occurrence experience on particular fields probably won't achieve much.
If your having trouble finding gold it's best you concentrate your efforts into a shallow shaft and LEARN why it's where it is.
And ps..
There are poorer levels above that still have nuggets(below the first iron gravels).
Depending on the field it's a long way down to the next false bottom zone that contains nuggets.
Until you get to the actual bottom 20-25 ft blah blah

Last edited:
I went to Maryborough once, couldn't help notice the heaps from the ground being dozed.
I have put massive amounts of energy into deeper ground.
The spaces between old timers digs represents higher bedrock topography so deep channels were the direction.(not visible from the surface)
To do what you wish for from my limited occurrence experience on particular fields probably won't achieve much.
If your having trouble finding gold it's best you concentrate your efforts into a shallow shaft and LEARN why it's where it is.
And ps..
There are poorer levels above that still have nuggets(below the first iron gravels).
Depending on the field it's a long way down to the next false bottom zone that contains nuggets.
Until you get to the actual bottom 20-25 ft blah blah
The only thing left to chase in the gullys in vico is this..
Dig to the lowest point between old timers digs, then drive uphill 90 degrees of the gully chasing the bedrock and hoping for a higher bech/channel they missed!
Where the good gold is... a foot off the surface isn't ganna do jack.

Latest posts