hardyakka's video's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hardyakka said:
Cheers guys,

Elrodeo, i'd be looking for $1800.00, everything brand new ready to go minus the pump and hoses.

The pump i'm using there is something i put together myself, there's a bit of messing around making shafts on the lathe and mounts for the pump.
Its a honda gx 35 engine with a keene P-90 pump.
They only weigh about 5kg and put out around 300 litres per minute.
I had that 1 yesterday running just above idle and that was plenty for this little trommel

I already have similar Honda pump to the WX10 also with the Keene P-90 pump for my highbankers so all good there.
What size mesh is the trommel screen and what runs the trommel ?? is it battery operated ?? Dont want to lug deep cycle batteries km's into the bush again.
Looking for something like this for trip up north qld later in the year via gemfields of Saphire, Rubyvale etc then up to Mt Mulligan area for gold.
Unit looks like it could be set up with a screen to catch gems as well if not at worst run tailingins through 1/4 inch and 8 mesh screens.
Looks like it can move some material...
Definitely interested !!

G'day elrodeo,

the screen size is 16mm x 7mm, but could be changed if you wanted something bigger. I find this size about right for gold as you want to keep those bigger rocks out of the sluice, then i just run the detector over the tailings when i'm finished to make sure i havn't lost any bigger nuggets.

Its powered by a honda gx 35 and a small reduction gearbox, to chain and sprockets.
The pump you have will be perfect.

I'm not sure how it would go with gems as i have never prospected for them but if its similar to gold then i cant see why not.

hardyakka said:
Cheers guys,

Elrodeo, i'd be looking for $1800.00, everything brand new ready to go minus the pump and hoses.

The pump i'm using there is something i put together myself, there's a bit of messing around making shafts on the lathe and mounts for the pump.
Its a honda gx 35 engine with a keene P-90 pump.
They only weigh about 5kg and put out around 300 litres per minute.
I had that 1 yesterday running just above idle and that was plenty for this little trommel

"little trommel" is the essence of this briiliant piece of kit! - who thinks INDUSTRIAL SIZE MINING PLANT when you hear the word trommel so get cracking, and be quick about it, and get a design patent on the "Tom Thumb Trommel" - maybe Mr Mackirk will take an interest.

And I join with LOAMER.... I'm impressed!

casper

Thanks casper & beagleboy,

The trommel and sluice is about 35kg, I'm not supplying these pumps but the pump i use with this is about 5kg and is rated at 300 litres per minute.

Nice little unit there, just out of curiosty is the drum powered by a 12v motor?
Cheers
Brad..

ushunter Its powered by a honda gx 35 and a small reduction gearbox, to chain and sprockets.

That's a little beauty and seems to run really well, would like to see a cleanup and any colour your might of found.

Latest posts