Gumtree Scams- **Beware**

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick Warning

Gumtree Add 1141993423 on Australian gumtree

Is a scam.

See earlier version of this add taken from OS

Gumtree UK 1213920408 it is a completed add

Currently trying to scam money via PayPal using email [email protected]

Using this email to contact people on [email protected]

using stolen images and description, this add has previously come up in Australia as well as other countries.

Warn anyone you know and bombard this crook with emails

I would post the above as links so it was easier to see but I am only new and the system stops me until I make the 10 posts

Also the coffee machine add he has up on gumtree with the Garrett add is a good scam.

Just copy the heading on the add he has

Rancilio Silvia 2010 V3 & Rancilio Rocky Grinder

Put it into a google search and you will see the same add has been used a few times on other sale sites to con people.

Both adds have been reported I hope no one gets scammed

A hell of a way to introduce yourself and make your first posts.

Welcome to PA.
Thanks for the heads up and if any scam is stopped in its tracks, that a good thing. :Y:

Hope it gets better for you from here on in.
Cheers GG

Btw @ $350 with all the extras. would seem to good to be true.

Yes I figured just on the price it stood out it was a scam.

Hoping people would take note of the images and text as they have been used before with different prices and been offered in different remote locations.

Gumtree take a while to act on a report, I just hope no one is silly enough to send money before it's removed.

Something to try if your worried an add if a fake but it looks well written and from a seller who knows there stuff is to copy and paste the title into a google search. Look both in an image search and text. Quite a few times now I have come across the previous add just of the reused images.

Offer them cash on pick up and you get no response.

Offer can you post I can send money and they are all over it offering every unprotected way possible.

Thanks for the welcome GG,

Ocean relics would you mind if I sheared this on a Facebook page that I'm on (stolen prospecting gear) it's about things that get stolen.....scams.........and places where we need to keep an eye on our things I tried to email you
Thanks Bushgold

Sure,

There are quite a few detector based scams doing the rounds at the moment both on gumtree and ebay.

Share away

I think I know the bloke posting and if it's him it's totally legit. I've got a few emails from him before which always end up in my spam folder for some reason :rolleyes:

He says that he's a Nigerian prince and his father, King mini labba 7000 the second, has been imprisoned after a coup d'etat and if we send him 100,000 dollars we can share in the bounty of his nation!

Not everything on gumtree is dodgy!

diggit said:
I think I know the bloke posting and if it's him it's totally legit. I've got a few emails from him before which always end up in my spam folder for some reason :rolleyes:

He says that he's a Nigerian prince and his father, King mini labba 7000 the second, has been imprisoned after a coup d'etat and if we send him 100,000 dollars we can share in the bounty of his nation!

Not everything on gumtree is dodgy!

Oh Diggit, you're wicked you are! LOL

Just seen this in the news....be cautious folks, scumbags a plenty :N:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...h-couple-thousands-after-theft-of-gold-nugget

1532093532_http_2f2fprod.static9.net.au2f_2fmedia2f20182f072f202f212f482fstw_nugget3.jpg

Typical insurance company, happy to take your premiums but leave you high and dry when you want to make a claim.
There are two warnings in this story.

Goldfreak said:
Kind of like "sorry you have flood water insurance not storm water insurance" after your house floats away.

Funny you mention that one Goldfreak, It happened to me a few years back in floods at Kempsey. I lost a ride on lawnmower to chest deep floodwater that was deemed floodwater by the SES and the state government, however, the insurance company decided it was rising stormwater and would not cough up for the loss.
Another crazy factor in the flood issue was the reason the flood rose so high on the property was due to a new development that changed the natural watercourse causing floodwater to back up and not get away.

I also saw lastnight another :/ meet someone at 9:30pm in South Australia to sell their old Subaru WRX,you guesses it it was stolen by three blokes with a machete.

Some people in their "need" to sell completely and unnecessarily expose themselves to being robbed and robbed they are 8)

A big lesson to everyone,wise up and live :Y:

Scrounger how would you have suggested he sold his car and the couple their gold? Obviously to maximise their profit they tried to sell privately.

I'm not sure the young bloke was selling unnecessarily as he was putting the money towards a house deposit.

Manpa said:
Scrounger how would you have suggested he sold his car and the couple their gold? Obviously to maximise their profit they tried to sell privately.

I'm not sure the young bloke was selling unnecessarily as he was putting the money towards a house deposit.

Manpa,are you suggesting that it was inevitable.

The Car - how about in the day light just for starters :rolleyes:

The Gold - how about in the foyer of the local police station :/ or inside coles,woolworths,etc,etc.

Inside where there is lots of other people with a heavy security camera presence,not really rocket science wouldn't you say.

Any other questions ??

As I said - No Sympathy :N:

Latest posts