GT Trip

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1461405709_setup.jpg
1461404962_finds_small.jpg
Sorry to all that I don't post much, I probably should and would if work didn't get in the way so much.
But I have almost come to the end of a month off on much needed holidays and had the chance to head to the GT for a bit of a swing and to give the "new" camper a shakedown run which went well with a couple of minor hitches. All the better they happened when I was expecting a problem or 2 ;)
The new secondhand camper had only been used half a dozen times and is basically what I wanted to buy but couldn't afford.......I didn't know I had bought a factory optioned '94 jayco offroad camper until I got home and read the paperwork from the original owner. The young bloke had no idea what he was selling. Canvas, interior, full canvas annexes......all literally brand new, 6 leaf over axle springs, shocks...........I couldn't believe what I scored and it tows like a dream on and off road!
I lashed out on a 17 x 13 NF Evo coil for the 5k and it didn't leave the shaft the whole time away, quiet and good on most ground although the ironstone gave me a bit of grief at times.....throw the tester out and it brought me back to earth. Had a ball with my good mate Al with his 3500 and we both got a few bits each for the kitty.
The smallest one in the pic was found about an hour after my second grandson was born so I named it Leo's Find :D
I'll try to be more active in the forum in the future but work does get in the way a lot unfortunately. I do keep an eye on what's happening out there and love seeing all the finds, it keeps my gold fever ticking over nicely.
I will try to make more of an effort to contribute and comment in the future guys. Until then ...... Good Luck and Happy Hunting :cool:
Chriso

PS I have a youtube vid up if I can work out how......... and will try to post some pics if I can work out how......... of the finds soon :)

https://youtu.be/BYIocF1KJZM

Hi Ched, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you scored big time on your camper. We owned a Jayco Eagle off road for 10 years, man that thing went places... We now have a off road Jayco freedom poptop, much qicker to set up now.
Good score on your gold too.
C.

Latest posts