Greetings from the top.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all.
Just thought I'd give a quick intro and say hello to you all. I currently own a GP3500 and have had this for a couple of years now. I am by no means anything close to calling myself a 'prospector' or 'detectorist'. I simply love the outdoors and everything it has to offer - camping, four-wheel driving, fishing, hunting, bushwalking, and a few cold ones around the campfire (whether that's morning or night!!). I bought my first detector to compliment this outdoor lifestyle and have done a fair bit of reading and watched far too many YT clips and videos from the likes of JP and also Jack Lange.
My most notorious find so far is a large piece of rio that I dug up through some very hard ground and finally located it after spending the majority of the day digging. I swear I thought I had found the largest nugget in Australia......
I currently live in the Top End and have spent my whole life in the Northern part of this amazing country. I've visited, and camped at places such as the Palmer (Maytown), Batavia, Pine Creek, etc, but this was long before I had a detector.

I'm getting close to purchasing my first VLF machine as well so that I have both a PI and VLF to keep both bases covered.

Looking forward to spending some time on this forum and hopefully learning a little more and, who knows, maybe I can even help to contribute something in the future.

Welcome to the site . It would have been good if you had a detector when you where at the Palmer a few years back there may have been places yyou c :eek:uld have used it :) :)

1513568663_25.jpg

Old Fred said:
Welcome to the site . It would have been good if you had a detector when you where at the Palmer a few years back there may have been places yyou c :eek:uld have used it :) :)

I'm pretty sure the places that I went and camped were 'no go' zones for detecting, or to carry out any form of prospecting. There were some pretty strong rumours of a fella there that was a little crazy and was a little too keen to pull out his gun. That's the sort of person you don't want to get on the wrong side of.

Thanks Mackka, I'm sure things will turn around for me one day. I just gotta keep swingin'

Thanks all for the warm welcome.
Getting on this forum, and reading through the threads, posts, etc has inspired me. I've got the ol' 3500 set up and am going to head out tomorrow for a walk. The area I am planning to go to is 'virgin' country, as lot of the area is up here. I don't hold a lot of high expectations, but figure it's worth a look. Let's hope I just don't dig up any more iron......

Latest posts