Great Timing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
I went out recently and bought a GM1000 and a few other bits and pieces with the intention of getting out and trying my luck .
Talk about bad timing .
Within 24 hrs the s@%t had hit the fan and now we're grounded for the foreseeable future so I have a whole bunch of expensive ornaments laying around the house .
I suppose on the upside I've had the time to watch a heap of videos and I think I now have a reasonable idea of how to use the stuff I've bought .
We do a fair bit of travelling in our caravan and I thought the gear would provide an interest in a lot of places we go through be it beach , parks , prospecting areas etc etc .
I am retired and live on Brisbane north side so when things get back to normal if there are any groups or individuals going on a prospecting trip that wouldn't mind a bit of company and don't mind a dumb ass amateur tagging along give me a yell .
Cheers
Brian

Welcome to PA Brian. Don't worry mate, I've been doing it for 2 or 3 years now and I'm still a dumb ass amateur- I only just realized recently that the rare earth magnet hanging near the ground on the end of my pick, was interfering with my 25" NF coil as I walked along :awful: There's always something new to learn :)

Hi Doug
From what I've read they're not the greatest detector for the beach but OK if you stay in the dry stuff .
As you apparently have one is it working out OK apart from beach ?
Cheers
Brian

Latest posts