Great buy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Shite!!!!
Someone got a great buy saw this 10min to late
1442707047_screenshot_2015-09-20-09-55-27.jpg

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I bet the winner got a shock when either the poster (seller) informed them it is a typo and should be $5500.00....

OR....it's a scam and NO detector for sale at all and the buyer is out of pocket.....

OR....seller has a STOLEN item and doesn't know it's real value, and good luck getting any service work done on a stolen item...

Just my thoughts....

Gypsy

There's a few alarm bells there:
- price is too good to be true. Who would sell a $4.5-5k machine for $550 even if trying to sell quick?
- 2 x coils & 1 is a Coiltek. They come stock with 2 x 11" Minelab coils (DD & Mono). The Coiltek should be a 3rd coil
- 3 x batteries. Seen a few fakes offered with extra batteries - these are also fakes & 12v
- very little detail (none really) in ad, no serial no. listed etc.
- ad has now been removed
- hard to tell for sure from the pic but the font doesn't look right

First rule when buying is if it seems to good to be true then it more than likely is.
You'd be pretty lucky to pick up a genuine GPX of any model for that money (or SD/GP for that matter). If they can post on Gumtree they could have researched price & quickly realised what it was worth even if clueless about them.

On further consideration, and having neglected the "copy" aspect....I'd say Ivo has nothing to be fuming about, if anything i now consider him to be the "lucky one" with his $$$ still in his pocket. :lol:

Gypsy

Latest posts