Gpz7000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you NE, sounds like it hasnt been assembled correctly.
I am 6ft and i have no dramas with the length at all.

Jungles, Re: the good books. The posts by Loamer and Minelab Gold in different threads on here are invaluable. I would assume just as good as many books.

Mods might pop some links in here for you if I'm lucky :D :D

However, be prepared for MANY evenings glued to the computer...

Hi All,

Well I'm heading out for my first detecting outing in a week. going from NSW to Vic.
Got the new beeper and all the gear, only thing missing is .... where to go ??
Can anyone give me an idea where to go, (i don't mean that literally lol)
This is all new to me so would be good to go to somewhere where gold has been found, so at least i'm in the right areas.
Any info' much appreciated.

cheers
Jungles

jungles said:
Hi All,

Well I'm heading out for my first detecting outing in a week. going from NSW to Vic.
Got the new beeper and all the gear, only thing missing is .... where to go ??
Can anyone give me an idea where to go, (i don't mean that literally lol)
This is all new to me so would be good to go to somewhere where gold has been found, so at least i'm in the right areas.
Any info' much appreciated.

cheers
Jungles
Any were in the GOLDEN TRIANGLE ;) ;)

Yep, got to agree with the advice above. Pick a piece of state forest and start swinging. See GeoVic with the layers, see Forest Explorer for State Forest areas, see the miners right page for links to National Parks (maps provided) that you can detect in.

I suppose others won't give you exact locations as they will want to keep good areas to themselves. North of Eaglehawk in the Whipstick there are simply workings EVERYWHERE and there was an immense amount of shallow gold got from here. However, I was in Scotsman Gully near Scotsman Rd and Old Tom Road last weekend - looks great - and only got 2 tiny pieces. Have also looked in Red Jacket Gully, Beezlebub and a few others for nought. But maybe this says something more about me than the area :rolleyes:

Read Loamer and Minelab Golds posts about the type of ground to look for, drive into some state forest and you will pretty much find an area that looks similar.

Whipstick, Dunolly, Ballarat, Whroo/Rushworth, Benalla, Beechworth/Eldorado, Chiltern - all good places to start. '

Best of luck to you ;)

First things first, book yourself into a local hotel/motel or campsite around or in the G.T, I wouldnt expect to find anything but getting to know your Z in the right conditions is a must, there's loads to learn about all the settings so my advise is play around and get to understand your machine, once you have mastered it it will become 2nd nature to you and all will fall into place, just dont expect it to happen overnight as you will walk away bitterly disappointed.
Try to hook-up with a group ie through this forum or via minelab !

All the best
Cheers

Good advice thanx. I have been messing around with all the settings getting used to what they all do. I have been using it at a property ( non gold bearing) but within walking distance to my place. And have learnt a lot already. Have been digging up plenty of rubbish, so at least I've got it working, all I need to do now is get to Vic and get swinging.