GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 14" mono on a 5k will detect deeper than you will want to dig sometimes mate, though depends on mineralisation. I'm wondering why they are going for a 14" as standard on the new one, a bit big for tight spots, I would have thought an 11" would be the best compromise as a standard coil to ship with.

I'm also wondering if the SDC and GPX combo covers all the bases that the GPZ will. Then I start thinking that the GPZ is going to find the flakey spikey hard to detect Gold and finely disseminated specimens probably way better than a 5k. If it flogs the 5k in that regard then I'll probably get one depending on price. Or wait until the ............... Er I'm not gonna say it.............

Too many questions, not enough answers. :(

I think its a marketing stunt? Sure it maybe a glimpse of the new machine, but i doubt it with a 14 inch coil? We are a month out from Christmas Holidays and it just seems to much of a coincidence that a company would accidentally show a glimpse of the new machine? :)

It is a marketing stunt without doubt but you need to show common sense here and weigh up signs.....Leaks happen all the time for companies, many are deliberately filtered for us the public to build hype. The "fire-sales" of the SDC and 5K packed together is a hint of new models to come. Wait for the Xmas hype sales to wane then the real marketing will begin. Don't hype it up too much guys, it will only end up making it more costly for us all upon release, any PR is good PR apparently!

What I want to know' can it have a 8" coil and perform like the SDC?

Also 14" super D' well I guess it's a DD style coil to run smoother but a DD would need to be that big to match the good old 11" mono.

Bit of a marketing stunt I agree, although as people said ZVT technology should be able to achieve or have the capability of all three machines ctx, gpd and sdc in one automated. Price shouldn't be more than 7K, if however it is able to reject iron, lead ext.. without compromising the size or depth of gold then it may be a bit more.

Well 8 -9k gets you an Sdc and 5000, so I'm guessing it's value will be determined from there primarily, there are gaps and limitations in that combo but it will be interesting to see what advantages they stack in. I want to see another game changer.

Goldtarget said:
Well 8 -9k gets you an Sdc and 5000, so I'm guessing it's value will be determined from there primarily, there are gaps and limitations in that combo but it will be interesting to see what advantages they stack in. I want to see another game changer.

true goldtartet but you can have two prospectors detecting at the above mentioned price.

It would have to do more than the sdc and gpx or it not worth paying that much coin in my opinion. Needs to detect something better than those machines ie reject iron or lead , slightly deeper on all nugget sizes or get gold nuggets previous machines would miss. Thats wat id pay good money for as it would open up previously flogged ground and we all know theres plenty of that out there.
Stock coil size shouldnt be a problem as long as its compatible with all 5 pin coils eg NF ,Coiltek.
Hopefully we see some more info on this machine soon. Minelab should post small clip of it in action that would really make our heads spin

I find it amazing that a new machine like this would be all metal?? All previous flagship Minelabs have had a discrimination mode. This is one of the areas that more technology is needed, more advancement, not back to all metal.

You never know that LCD screen might give you a FE/CO target information like the CTX does? that way its still all metal but with accurate target information instead? :)

Man if the screen would show ferrous/non ferrous, and its got MPF technology, this could be a great machine!!

flashhunter said:
It would have to do more than the sdc and gpx or it not worth paying that much coin in my opinion. Needs to detect something better than those machines ie reject iron or lead , slightly deeper on all nugget sizes or get gold nuggets previous machines would miss. Thats wat id pay good money for as it would open up previously flogged ground and we all know theres plenty of that out there.
Stock coil size shouldnt be a problem as long as its compatible with all 5 pin coils eg NF ,Coiltek.
Hopefully we see some more info on this machine soon. Minelab should post small clip of it in action that would really make our heads spin

they are talking chipped coils so you have to buy only minelab coils , or they do a deal with coiltek to pay to use the chip license

Heatho said:
I'm also wondering if the SDC and GPX combo covers all the bases that the GPZ will. Then I start thinking that the GPZ is going to find the flakey spikey hard to detect Gold and finely disseminated specimens probably way better than a 5k. If it flogs the 5k in that regard then I'll probably get one depending on price. Or wait until the ............... Er I'm not gonna say it.............Too many questions, not enough answers. :(

Going by the amount of positive feedback in regards to the SDC2300's Very Fine Gold timing detecting nuggets that the GPX5000's Fine Gold timing has missed then I would think this new GPZ7000 will be as successful by detecting further nuggets that fall within holes in the GPX timings.

sweet as gives me time to slash over to Tarnagulla an clean out my patch with my 3500 before the vultures move in an hopefuly pull enough to buy the new one and keep the old one :p :p :p :p

i found a comparison between the 5 and 7000 on another forum :)

looks like a sweet bit of kit :cool:

it had pics as well ;) (was a screen capture from Minelab)

Latest posts