GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is great news, the market will be flooded with secondhand detectors forcing the price down. :D

CreviceSucker said:
so it has wireless headphones .......

safe to assume it has more than a fancy new pair of headphones

wish list:

GPS location recorder maybe ?

detection depth to 6 feet ? :p

built in EMI blocker ?

built in auger hidden under the coil like Inspector gadgets arm that digs the 10 kg nugget for you ? maybe not . barstedz

I don't think i would like to chase a signal down at 6 ft??!! :eek:

Magilla said:
I think this is great news, the market will be flooded with secondhand detectors forcing the price down. :D

Maybe in the short term? Minelab PI's have a habit of maintaining reasonably good resale even after new product releases. Why? There is demand - even for older models. The price might drop initially but will most likely recover a bit once everything settles down. Still a good used 5000 might be obtainable for around $4000-4500 rather than $4500-5000?? Not everyone will be able to afford the new one straight up, including me :D
A lot of people that do buy straight away won't be in a hurry to get rid of their current machine either until they are 100% confident in what the new one is all about. Others will keep their current one as a backup also.

If I had just purchased a new GPX5000 I wouldn't be down about it at all - you still have a very capable & proven machine + the packages available are still good value at the moment. It also gives you a chance to use it & just sit back to see what happens with the new one?

All of the older Minelabs will still go on finding gold after any new machine is released - they won't stop suddenly :lol:

That date is looking promising 28/12/14 - just noticed the STC document says that the "confidentiality period requested is aligned to product release".

I agree Matt, the new one might be prohibitively expensive, in which case I can't see the older models dropping much in price at all. If it's the same price as a new 5k the price will drop on older ones for sure, I doubt it will be the same price though.

If it can punch deeper than a 5k with similar/better EMI rejection and sensitivity of the SDC it will be a killer unit.

Minelab pricing equation: Pick a number (x) then bung on 1500 - 2000 (y), x + y=price. :D
Eg: If the SDC2300 equals x then x + y = 4000.

Eg 2: GPX5000 + y = 6500.

GPZ 7000 + y = 8750 - 9000

The numbers don't lie....... :)

Jaros said:
CreviceSucker said:
so it has wireless headphones .......

safe to assume it has more than a fancy new pair of headphones

wish list:

GPS location recorder maybe ?

detection depth to 6 feet ? :p

built in EMI blocker ?

built in auger hidden under the coil like Inspector gadgets arm that digs the 10 kg nugget for you ? maybe not . barstedz

I don't think i would like to chase a signal down at 6 ft??!! :eek:

DRS detectors identify the metal type but they don't go very deep , if minelab used that kind of mineral ID technology or even showed you the size of the nuggie then you would certainly take a few days off work to dig 6 feet down

Well I would :lol:

According to the Minelab guy at the PMAV AGM at Chiltern today the GPZ 7000 or Jupiter or whatever, will be as big a leap forward as the sd2000 was from the old vlf machines.
He was asked this question directly.
I don't think wireless headphones and a few circuit tweaks are whats in the wind. I think there is some new technology in the lab that we will see when the new machine is launched in 12 - 18 months time.
He said it will be priced no lower than the 5000 and the inference was it will be somewhat higher.
He couldn't say much but when asked if Minelab would launch it at next years PMAV AGM he said that is highly possible.
I will save my pennies for this, and plan to be amongst the first to buy, no matter the cost, but only if it is the quantum leap that was suggested.

Puddler - I heard somewhere in the area of about $9,000. The rumour about chipped coils persists as well.

He did talk about chipped coils which they have to do to help stop the Chinese ripping them off. The coil in the sdc 2300 is chipped already. No price was stated but it will be $$$$$. for sure. No further info but what I have said here came from Minelabs representative.

Ahh - the chipped coil now makes sense. What I am led to believe is that the older coils, ML, NF Coiltek etc will not be able to be used - did you hear that at all? The only other thing is that they have taken on board the issues of complex settings on the GPXs and how people are happier with simplified settings as per the SDC - this may be a goer as well. Trade in 4500, coils and some yellow - job done I reckon but will wait and see. It must come with the ability to use a 20" round mono or larger or I am not interested.

He didn't say anything else so I won't speculate. The old coils won't work if they aren't chipped but he did say they would licence some coil makers to produce chipped coils as Coiltek already does.
I somehow don't see a hybrid sdc2300, 5000etc as the new model.
I am sure it will be some new technology. We will have to wait and see.

Minelab must sit back rubbing their hands together when all the forum's busily go about speculating the price for any new detectors, I can just see it now at Minelab

"hey Bill forget that $7,500 price tag for the new detector, they are expecting $9000 so lets go with that"

Banjo said:
Minelab must sit back rubbing their hands together when all the forum's busily go about speculating the price for any new detectors, I can just see it now at Minelab

"hey Bill forget that $7,500 price tag for the new detector, they are expecting $9000 so lets go with that"
Yeah the Minelab employees sit around all day waiting for us to make comment on forums before making hard line decisions like pricing new flagship models :rolleyes:
I think it will only be $89.95 - "hey Bill whack that price on 'em" :lol:

New machine might be released sooner than you think .. like I said in another post here wait 14 months and see what happens . This time next year .. maybe we'll all know definitely then... ;) .

Banjo said:

Yeah sorry mate

I have been pushing the $9000 price tag on the forums as part of a promotions deal with minelab where they offered me a GPZ7000 at their cost price of $946.20 if I boost market hunger.

Of course they will surprise you by releasing it at the lower price of $8750 so everyone remarks how cheap they are and rushes to buy them

Don't confuse this machine with the GPZ7000 that will be sold in USA for $4995 coz that's just a secret little deal from the Ford and GM school of economics where we are priveledged to be permitted to stand on the level playing field of international trade and bend over while our allies bless us with a good hard democratising

Kidding . :/

Hmmm, lets all have a wild guess at the price......... No price has been even hinted at yet so any suggestion is pure speculation.
The facts, from Minelab, are as put here. Anything else is pure crap. Price, specifications etc., we will all have to wait and see what is released, and what is the price? Who knows, but I am sure any increase in price will be commensurate with the ability of the machine to detect gold.
Maybe its time to stop Minelab bashing.
After all, they are the reason many many people are prospecting today, and their ground breaking technology is what all others try to equal. Its that simple, and its my last word on this until we know more.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
ttfn.

The chipped coil has been on the table for a very long time. Minlab are trying to capture the accessory market. It may help pay for some fat cat salaries. $9000 yeh right! It will have to tell you what the target is. Imagine digging your first 3' deep target that is old timers tin can. I will stick to digging shallow targets for now. W.A. Would be a different story, however the hard ground will prove to be a challenge.
I always thought if a detector could go 3 to 4 feet deep, what size targets would it uncover. Imagine digging a massive hole for a 1/2 grammer. Remember most gold is small. A new top of the range detector is long over due so I will be interested to see the new technology.

Latest posts