GPX4500 Trade In?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other upside for a water proof detector if your a fisho, plenty of hooks and sinkers in the same place where you have a chance at finding gold. The down side is winter and change in the water level with rain not to mention the exempt list :(. With the 4500 at least on a sunny day in winter you can stay dry and keep yourself warm. Don't get me wrong the 2300 rocks but has it's limits. How much can you save each week without detriment or what can you change to improve savings, think differently maybe and get a loan after all 4k isn't breaking the bank and then you have both :)

aussiefarmer said:
Im still fizzazled to type right :drooling: bu :D :) t the4500 is a dream machine plus match with nf coils kazop kabang super hero statusand i own a sdc :eek: :eek:

Red, beer or bourbon or all the above :p I'm with you or should I say was :lol: night AF.

Gday

If there is any way you should hang on to your Gpx4500 and get a sdc2300 as well, they are a great combination and compliment each other, the sdc will definitely find gold missed by the gpx, and the gpx will get the gold that the sdc wont reach, I would find it hard to decide which one I would choose at a crunch but as I know both the machines strengths and weaknesses I know that the 4500 will get the broader spectrum of nuggets so if I had to choose I would stay with the Gpx as it has an advantage over the sdc in the multiple coil choices alone, and simply better depth, I know that the sdc has new coils out as well but they are a bit of an unkown at present?

If the consideration was that I wanted to backpack into places with a detector, use it on the beach or in the water then of course the sdc would be the obvious choice for that and its also useful as a fold up type detector for carrying on a bike or quad, but at the end of the day I have learned from experience that if you are tripping away prospecting then you need to carry a spare detector as well, as on one trip it actually happened to me as my gpx was playing up and then crapped out, I just continued to plod away for a couple more days using the sdc and continued to get some gold, as where we go is anywhere from 700 to 1000 klms from home, so without it, it would have been game over.

Apart from that the value of the gpx has dropped and it is still a very very capable detector so getting what its really worth will be hard as there are many for sale lately, and trading it you would not get anywhere near what it is worth, better convincing the missus the benefits of keeping both :flowers:

cheers

stayyerAU

Ive had both an sdc and a 4500. I had to get rid of the sdc and stay with the 4500. If you love digging the smallest lead for what feels like centuries go the sdc. It did my head. I found 3 nuggs with the sdc and the weight barely went .1g. The gpx will go way deeper on better quality gold.

Good choice Digginholes.

I have the the 4500 and the SDC.

The SDC is not as comfortable on your body as the 4500 if you use it all day as your arms and shoulders ache.

Harder to balance the SDC than the 4500.

You also dig a lot more lead shot targets, hard on your knees.

If you buy the SDC buy the Quest wireless headphone kit from Phase Technical it makes detecting more enjoyable as the minelab headphones
cord is to short and will probably fail.

I am on the third set of headphones and I will not use them.

Good luck detecting.

Regards Anthony. :)

Latest posts