Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just wondering if it came out of the ground like that or if you'd cleaned it a little to end up with the bit of green on it ,... always good to have an insight into age in ground and what it can do. :Y:

silver said:
I was just wondering if it came out of the ground like that or if you'd cleaned it a little to end up with the bit of green on it ,... always good to have an insight into age in ground and what it can do. :Y:

I water washed it and used a sponge to wipe the dirt off and that is how it looked.
:Y:

1498037554_img_20170620_210704876.jpg

Probly should look up how to make sure it stays good once exposed to the air for any length of time, like what a museum would do.
definitely a find if significance with regards to Australia hey ,.... nice piece of history mystery. :D

Pretty sure you can get a wax sealant for older coins to prevent further oxidation, though last time I looked it was pretty pricey for a small container. From memory the brand was called Renaissance Wax. :)

silver said:
Probly should look up how to make sure it stays good once exposed to the air for any length of time, like what a museum would do.
definitely a find if significance with regards to Australia hey ,.... nice piece of history mystery. :D

Thanks mate will do...:)

Goldpick said:
Pretty sure you can get a wax sealant for older coins to prevent further oxidation, though last time I looked it was pretty pricey for a small container. From memory the brand was called Renaissance Wax. :)

I will have a look at it thank you. :)

I love my back lawn, when I feel the itch I can walk outside swing the detector and find predecimal coins. :)
Another Bucket lister as well. :) Woop woop let the good times roll.

1498113544_finds_22-06-17.jpg

It's Nickel/Silver and a little damaged but I'll take it. :D :D :D :D :D :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

1498113581_nickel-silver_22-06-17.jpg

1498113598_1943_half_22-06-17.jpg

Poor Com Half Penny, I never managed to find the rest of it, maybe the other half has the 23 on it? The Nugget is Bronze I believe...

1498113670_poor_com_22-06-17.jpg

Until whenever I can get out for a swing again, best of digs to everyone, happy days and hope you all get some Bucket List items... :)

Cheers GDA

B5MECH said:
Heatho said:
That fugget looks like a nugget. :Y: :D
Yep :D worth a second thought gda :cool: :Y:
Looks like gold to me too...bronze would have been black :rolleyes:
Backyard nugget :rainbow: wheres that Leprechaun gone now :lol:

I did a SGT on it and it was 7.8 which calculates to Bronze... Oh well... It looks good polished up.... :Y:

Why do we find so many pennies cut in half like that :/

It can't be cut by a lawn mower right because the cut is so clean and it is cut perfectly in half also,or am I wrong which doesn't happen very often except with the state of origin 8)

Please don't tell me it is the leprechaun's :D you know from Ireland :lol:

Goldpick said:
Love it when those thimbles come out of the ground in original form, so many end up flattened or broken to smithereens. :Y:

It has a little cut on the other side I just showed the good side... :) Still a whole Thimble so Bucket List tick again... :Y:

cashgoldsilver said:
Why do we find so many pennies cut in half like that :/

It can't be cut by a lawn mower right because the cut is so clean and it is cut perfectly in half also,or am I wrong which doesn't happen very often except with the state of origin 8)

Please don't tell me it is the leprechaun's :D you know from Ireland :lol:

This one was cut by a mower I think...Not finding the other half I won't know....Still it is a cool find. :Y:

Just so you all know there is a Honey Hole in the lawn, I have not touched it yet and am sure there are going to be some amazing finds coins? relics are certainty....History of the past residents of this 1000 sq property... I am doing a plan to retrieve everything than refurbish and make the lawn look good. 3 feet underneath the ground is a lot of digging so I am going to get an expert in to help me. :)
I am looking forward to seeing what comes out of there. :) :Y:

Latest posts