Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cashgoldsilver said:
golddiggerart said:
All nice clean and shiny. :Y:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1497698852_img_20170617_212619.jpg

Better wear my glasses to block the glare...lol

:cool:

What are you soaking your coins in,that florin came up a real treat :Y:

Wash under tap water, then soak in Salt and Vinegar and leave for 5 minutes longer if desired, then wash under water rubbing a little Baking Soda on it... Clean and Shiny...

I tried the salt and vinegar trick but I left them in way too long 8) so rubbing in bicarb would not have helped me although I will put it in the vault :lol: for next time.

But saying that I have rectified the problem since = {)

cashgoldsilver said:
I tried the salt and vinegar trick but I left them in way too long 8) so rubbing in bicarb would not have helped me although I will put it in the vault :lol: for next time.

But saying that I have rectified the problem since = {)

Glad to hear you rectified it....easy fix, I have done it in the past as well. :) :Y:

I went for a stroll today......

It started off overcast and I had high hopes and dreams, they weren't shattered and I found a few things to keep me going.
The people I met along the track were very friendly and chatty, they stopped and asked lots of questions, I even managed to do a dig right in front of them and was hoping it would be something good, turns out it was a piece of tin with writing on it.
Fascinated would be a good word for the look on there faces, they left me with a smile and good will in the form of (Best of luck to you, I hope you find a million.)
That was very nice.

So lets get to the finds... :D :)

1497783071_img_20170618_122422989.jpg

1497783200_img_20170618_122437975.jpg

Find of the day 1912 Com Half Penny..

1497783277_img_20170618_122430984.jpg

Until next time, best of digs to everyone, happy days and lots of Bucket Listers. :)

Cheers GDA :Y:

B5MECH said:
:eek: Are they black powder shoty shells? 8) ....I gota find some of them :rolleyes: do you clean them up?
Nice fresh two banger gda...good sign ;)

Not sure what kind they are mate, I just throw them in the pile/box of goodies for a later date where I can display all of my finds. :) :Y:

I went for a stroll tonight to the 1800s site which has given me so many Bucket Listers.
Tonight I did a full sweep, slow and low and hit a lot of the deep targets and decided to dig them very carefully.
Lots of nice crisp sounds coming from the depths and also a lot of junk but manged to pull out some very good finds, I even managed to pull out a Charles II Copper half penny 1680 Large Lettering......Amazing find and one that will stay with me for a long time. Shocked is one word that comes to mind.

1497967471_finds.jpg

1497967489_1680_obverse.jpg

1497967508_1680_coin.jpg

1497967528_armstrong-legges-regal-coinage-1680-halfpenny-of-16-strings.jpg

Link to the coin...

https://oldcurrencyexchange.com/201...egges-irish-regal-halfpennies-for-charles-ii/

1497967596_buttons.jpg

Until next time good digging to one and all and Happy Days.

Cheers GDA :Y: :D :rainbow:

Latest posts