Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so I decided to take a stroll this afternoon to a track that produced the snake ring....
It's a beautiful place but not somewhere you'd be likely to find a coin spill being a track, it does however show up some nice finds being as old as it is.....

I hit on a nice crisp sounding 30 signal, I honestly thought it was a $2 and started to dig, I was down about 6 inches when I ran the coil over the hole again and noticed the target was out so I grabbed a huge scoop and sure enough it was in my hand, I could feel the weight and thought well it's not a bottle cap, slowly removing the dirt I saw the edge of a coin and got excited when I saw the other side....It was HUGE!
Omg I said no way a fricking "CROWN", not the most desirable of them but it is still a "CROWN" and a bucket lister ticked off.
I had quite a few brownies just hitting the sides of the track and then decided to swing into the middle as well, I hit on a nice 38 and dug down 4 inches which was the depth indicator on the screen, I could feel metal and pulled out a nice "ANKH" pendant, looked on the back and it has 925 woop woop silver woohoo.
I walked a long way for not much but I did have fun and there is still miles of track for me to search.
On the way back to the Car I hit the other side of the track and hit a shallow 34 signal, I scraped the dirt with my feet expecting to see a Bottle Cap but instead I saw the cleanest looking Half Penny I have ever seen, beauty I said to myself and continued walking towards the car.

I reached the wooden steps just before the car and decided to swing in between runs and got a shallow 26 signal, I scraped the sandy soil with my feet and then ran the coil over again, the target had moved so I scraped my foot along to reveal the cleanest three pence I have ever seen, I said oh yeah baby and a young bloke with a cupper in his hand said..."Did you find something mate". Yeah buddy I got a three pence and he asked if he could see it....He said wow that's old, good work keep going mate well done.
Anyway I made it back to the car happy as Larry. :)

1497686657_finds.jpg

1497686717_half_and_3d.jpg

1497686747_half_and_3pence.jpg

1497686766_silver_pendant.jpg

Silver Plated...Spoon..

1497686786_spoon.jpg

1497686861_bullets.jpg

CROWN!! Woop Woop... :Y: :) :D :eek: :party: :rainbow:

1497686909_crown.jpg

1497686934_crown_com.jpg

I love walking the track, you meet some interesting people and the scenery is nice as well. :)
Until next time, good luck, happy days and may you all find a bucket lister... :)

Cheers GDA

That's a cracker gda :cool: :Y: Royal wedding one crown....pretty special find there :rainbow: :party:
:rolleyes: edit....Actually.... I think it's the engagement coin
Ball has thread?...I've had one unstamped that was silver ;) :Y: had to melt it to find out though :lol:
Nice run gda...killed it again :eek:

That is a lot of variety :) and my first sighted crown found here :p

I also like how you make the effort to list everything on paper :cool: helping me to identify your finds.

Good job :Y:

silver said:
Well done gda, top finds ,... is the crown silver, or is it a brit coin like our small change.
:Y: :cool: :Y:

There were 26,773,600 cupronickel coins and 17,000 silver coins issued.

I believe this one is cupronickel 75%cu 25%ni :Y:

B5MECH said:
That's a cracker gda :cool: :Y: Royal wedding one crown....pretty special find there :rainbow: :party:
Ball has thread?...I've had one unstamped that was silver ;) :Y: had to melt it to find out though :lol:

Well the little Ball is a heavy sucker but it ain't lead or steel...not sure what it is... :)

Cheers mate... :)

cashgoldsilver said:
That is a lot of variety :) and my first sighted crown found here :p

I also like how you make the effort to list everything on paper :cool: helping me to identify your finds.

Good job :Y:

Also the first time I have seen a Crown here as well... Glad I found it.. :) Thanks mate. :)

golddiggerart said:
B5MECH said:

Well the little Ball is a heavy sucker but it ain't lead or steel...not sure what it is... :)

Cheers mate... :)
Try this....soak it in citric acid then wrap it in foil...........does it smell like an egg fart :lol: :lol: :p
If it does .....silver I'd say :eek:

Haha awesome good on you mate....Among the treasure in every way. Some interesting things finding their way under your coil....I'd be at it like a foreign miner day and night after these latest showings.

OldGT said:
Haha awesome good on you mate....Among the treasure in every way. Some interesting things finding their way under your coil....I'd be at it like a foreign miner day and night after these latest showings.

Well if it beeps I dig it...Unless there are 20 x 12 in one spot and the first 12 is a ring tab.. lol Cheers mate... :rainbow:

Latest posts