Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally got a dig in last night and even though I didn't find any pre-decimal coins I did find a few goldies in an area not far from my spot.
There are a lot of HUGE targets in there and after widening a couple of holes I came across what looks like a wagon wheel and not sure of the other, it feels like an old Pipe so I stopped digging that and filled in the hole.
The area isn't that big where I found the majority of Relics and Coins but the fields around it are huge and will need some slow gridding, I know of two dumps in the place, lots of broken glass and plates also someone leaving targets in plugs but there loss and my gain.

Decided to also take a picture of some of the larger finds I have left outside for now until I can clean them up....No sure the wife would like them in the house. :)

1497158226_finds.jpg

1497158258_powder_flask_tops.jpg

1497158291_buckle_clips.jpg

Paris 1862

1497158308_1862.jpg

1497158347_no_idea.jpg

1497158385_oil_top.jpg

1497158424_buttons.jpg

1497158447_bottle.jpg

1497158473_button.jpg

1497158497_large_iron.jpg

1497158518_tomahawk.jpg

Until next time, Good luck, Happy days and best of hunting/digging to everyone. :) :Y:

Some nice relics coming from that site. Anywhere where you find those Paris suspender buckles is usually a good location for older predecs, I would definitely persist and grid to see what else turns up. :Y:

Goldpick said:
Some nice relics coming from that site. Anywhere where you find those Paris suspender buckles is usually a good location for older predecs, I would definitely persist and grid to see what else turns up. :Y:

Thanks Goldpick I never knew that mate, will be sure to keep going with that spot. :) :Y:

Gettin some top finds Gda :cool: :Y: ...I think you need a strong magnet if there's that much iron...
I just got a couple to fit to my diggers ;) :Y: bye bye nails :lol:

B5MECH said:
Gettin some top finds Gda :cool: :Y: ...I think you need a strong magnet if there's that much iron...
I just got a couple to fit to my diggers ;) :Y: bye bye nails :lol:

Sounds good mate, I have quite a few strong magnets but I wish it could attract glass and crockery....I cut myself and every hole my finger hurt from the dirt getting into the cut, yes I wear gloves but they have worn through one of the fingers so will need to replace them.

Cheers mate. :Y:

Well a couple of short hunts has produced very few cherries but I am one step closer to cleaning out the sight.
Lots of huge targets sitting underneath by huge I mean I would need to dig a large hole to get them out and I am not really into making a huge mess of the place and will only open big holes if there is no grass.
There is one target that rings up as a 24 it isn't iron but could be a tin full of treasure....it has sparked my interest but since it is so big I don't think I will dig it, unless I can get to an end and see if it is completely round or has flat ends.
Anyway my finds are still interesting, I found another axe head so that makes 4, the last one was only underneath the surface and so was the Plough end.
One target had me going for a bit....but alas it was only gold foil. :(

1497363786_finds_13-6.jpg

1497363809_finds_1_13-6.jpg

Safe locking mechanism?

1497363828_lock_1_13-6.jpg
1497363856_lock_13-6.jpg

Bling bling...

1497363877_heart_pendant.jpg

1497363909_thingy_13-6.jpg

Key hole to a treasure box?

1497363930_key_hole_13-6.jpg

1497363966_bullet_13-6.jpg

1497363996_axe_13-6.jpg

Until next time, Good Luck, Happy Days and best of digging to everyone. :)

Pity about the locket not being gold, I never have much luck on those types of things. I reckon your "keyhole" is actually a boot lace loop, find plenty of those on early 1900's/late 1800's sites - usually with some leather still attached to the two rivets. Happy hunting. :Y:

Goldpick said:
Pity about the locket not being gold, I never have much luck on those types of things. I reckon your "keyhole" is actually a boot lace loop, find plenty of those on early 1900's/late 1800's sites - usually with some leather still attached to the two rivets. Happy hunting. :Y:

Well that's good to know, actually thought hmmmm if it was a Keyhole then the box would be wood and rotted. :) Cheers mate...

So I went back to my 1800s spot and found it to be quite empty, maybe because a lot of the targets of the nights before I had cleaned out a lot of rubbish.
It is drying up a little and targets are few and far between, large Iron targets which are deep and I am not willing to go more than 12 inches to retrieve them yet.
I managed to hit on a loud 44 Signal and thought hmmmm Penny/Florin/Silver....I started to open up a small hole and feel around then hit on a coin, I pulled it out and it was covered with dirt and a golden yellow....my heart racing as I started to rub away the dirt, the pattern was not known to me and the more I rubbed the dirt off the more my heart raced, could it be the elusive "Sovereign".
I was like omg what the heck is this thing, I continued to clean it to reveal...."Playstation" then the word "Token"....alas no Sovereign but it did give me a thrill.

It was an early night for me so I jumped into the car and drove towards home and thought you know what I am going to see if Michael is around so I hit that spot, I looked around for the glimmer of a head lamp but never saw Michael and so I hit one small strip where I had found all of the pennies, I managed to pull out a few of them and after cleaning them today with a little water I noticed the half penny was a Victoria 1863 woop woop, kind of shocked because most of the other pennies ranged from 1912 - 1960 but I am happy to get that one.

1497583293_finds.jpg

1497583319_cup_and_ring.jpg

1497583353_pennies.jpg

Does anyone know what the square thing is as I find a few of them, ring up as 44 on the 705.

1497583372_playstation.jpg

1497583446_playstation_1.jpg

1497583471_victoria_half.jpg

1497583490_1863_half_reverse.jpg

Good luck and happy days to all, may your next dig give you a Bucklister....

Cheers GDA

Top run gda :cool: :Y: bit of variety there :eek: ...Straight down to the arcade parlor for a free game :eek: :Y: ...Look for 1942 or 1943 ;)
........................Best Arcade Game Ever :rainbow: :party: :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone, if there is a Sovereign there more than likely it is behind the 8 foot high fences but you just never know huh?

Oh well I have a whole day tomorrow to go for a dig so will be scouting new grounds, well grounds that aren't covered by the (Concrete Jungle).

Cheers GDA :Y: :Y:

Latest posts