Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I went for a dig last night and got a few more Bucket List items.....
The day was full on for myself and wife and then I got a message from a bloke who is absolutely killing it in his spot pulling out silvers galore, pre-decimals and such....
He asked if I could show him an aerial view of my spot because he had been doing some research on some late 1800s spots around Frankston, he even mentioned an 1850s spot.
Anyway we conversed back and forth and I filled him in on all of the spots he was thinking of looking, I have detected pretty much all of the spots around my area apart from the Privately Owned grounds which I have never asked for permission to detect, probably because of the fact that the grounds are kept and maintained beautifully and so I don't want to spoil it by digging plugs or holes.

So I go back to my 1850s spot and hit on target after target, you'd think the targets were huge the way the detector was beeping away but most of them were small bits of metal and buttons, rusted nails....I was coming to the end of my night when I got a cracking loud 38 on the 705, the ground was hard pack with no grass and when I dug into it it cracked it big chunks, I lifted the chunk and underneath was nice soft sandy soil....
I used my hand to dig into the hole and felt a large circular object so to make the reveal better I lifted it out with the sandy soil then slowly revealed it.
At first I didn't know what it was because it had so much crusted dirt on it, I rubbed it all away to reveal a (Lion) with lots of writing on it, slowly I cleaned it up and saw it was a Token and a nice one at that and a Bucket Lister. I believe another forum member found one in 2014 but can't recall the name at the moment.
Hide & De Carle - Grocers & Wine Merchants 1857, I did some research last night and was quietly surprised and delighted.
The other bucket list item was a target I had left behind the other night, it is in beautiful condition but it's a shame it wasn't whole, a nice find though and will clean up great.

1496881785_finds_1950.jpg

1857 Token...

1496881825_1857_token.jpg

1496881849_token.jpg

Powder Flask I believe but could be wrong here.

1496881893_powder_flask.jpg

Navy Button? and other buttons.

1496881946_buttons.jpg

Leprechaun's Plate with $4 attached lol :)

1496882096_leprechaun.jpg

Time to get some more things done so until next time, take care, good luck, happy days and get some good stuff.
Above all - Have Fun!

Cheers GDA :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Nice run Gda :cool: :Y: ...cool token :rainbow: :party: ....That spot is awesome....keep diggin :p
Thought you wished for a sovereign :lol: :lol: :Y:

Looks like you have a magnificent location there GDA with stacks of history, the powder flask is an interesting item, is it just one half? I picked one up with the GPZ7000 a while back,but only half, a bush fire had been through the area unfortunately, pretty much destroyed it,well the other parts. Keep at it mate there may be a sov there somewhere with your name on it.
Cheers, Sinhof.
1496897249_20170608_143031.jpg

B5MECH said:
Nice run Gda :cool: :Y: ...cool token :rainbow: :party: ....That spot is awesome....keep diggin :p
Thought you wished for a sovereign :lol: :lol: :Y:

Thanks mate, no worries on the Sovereign, I can only swing the detector and if there is one in there than I will find it. :Y: :)

Heatho said:
What a top spot you have found, layer by layer mate, I'm sure you'll be getting some great finds there for a while hopefully. :Y: :)

It's a small spot, I left some deep targets for another time. Hopefully keeps me going until I find a few more spots. :)

SinHof said:
Looks like you have a magnificent location there GDA with stacks of history, the powder flask is an interesting item, is it just one half? I picked one up with the GPZ7000 a while back,but only half, a bush fire had been through the area unfortunately, pretty much destroyed it,well the other parts. Keep at it mate there may be a sov there somewhere with your name on it.
Cheers, Sinhof.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/972/1496897249_20170608_143031.jpg

Your flask is a beauty mate even half is better than none. Thanks mate I would love a Sovereign. :)

Latest posts