Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterdays dig with Jacob and Kiara showed a few Goldies, some Brownies and a cool little toy Soldier....The Soldier was my best find of the day.

I started around the corner from where we live detecting a reserve and old scout hall, nothing but rubbish and trash and rubbish so I moved to one of my other spots which is where the Soldier and Coins came from.
I spent three hours out and about and Jacob and Kiara wanted to do the whole sibling squabbling, I said you two aren't coming together ever again it's only going to be one of you of my choosing.
Anyway I went for a swing today for an hour and nothing much to show only $1.20 although I did find a well preserved Tennis Racket not very far from the Copper Print, the strings are tight still so the kids can smack the tennis balls around on good days.

1496551341_finds.jpg

The writing on the front after cleaning it up better is SUNSTA(Missing Letter) 4 upon searching the net I came across Sunstar 4 Military toys so they must be the ones who made it, on the back is a Patent which is worn so not able to check it out.

1496551459_soldier.jpg

1496551480_sunsta_4.jpg

1496551498_patent.jpg

1496551760_wp_20170604_006.jpg

1496551914_wp_20170603_002.jpg

Time to look for some more spots to dig, I was going to meet up with a bloke but he changed plans so it never eventuated and I probably won't ask to go for a dig with him again. He is on a good run lately with Pre-Decimals a huge haul every week of Silvers and still 10 acres of permission to swing.

Good luck and Happy days to all.
Cheers GDA :Y: :Y: :Y:

That is the sweetest metal soldier that I have ever seen,it certainly has some age to it and in great condition.

Yes,detecting on your own only disappointing yourself :)

Good hunt well worth the effort :Y:

cashgoldsilver said:
That is the sweetest metal soldier that I have ever seen,it certainly has some age to it and in great condition.

Yes,detecting on your own only disappointing yourself :)

Good hunt well worth the effort :Y:

Thanks mate. :)

Tonight I was wondering where I was going to go because my spots are drying up.
Started driving and decided to hit the 1850s spot but started where I found the pennys and also relics both modern and old.
Never got much out of there apart from some 1c and 2c coins brownies.

I moved closer to the boundary of the 1850s house and hit on a few targets, all junk and lead, then I hit some more signals and notice a plug, I lifted the plug and swung the detector and dug out what looked like the inner workings of a clock.
Anyway I kept swinging away and hit another target and sure enough someones plug, so I lifted it and dug down deeper to reveal an old handle, hmmmm no worries I think to myself and keep moving along and about 6 feet from whoever left the plug I get another signal and started feeling around in the small hole, I hit metal so opened the hole up some more and felt something round and quite big so I put my hand in the hole pulled it out with the dirt and slowly sifted through the dirt, I knew I had the target because it was heavy.
The reveal showed a bucket list item woop woop, then another 3 feet away another bucket list item, I can tell you it feels good to finally join the 1800s club.
My night only ended because the rain chased me off but I shall be back to that exact spot looking for more treasures.
It was a weird night, because not getting much early on had me saying to myself, god I wish I could find a pocket watch, or a sovereign case with a sovereign in it.
Be careful what you ask for right? lol :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: Maybe next time I will ask for one to be in working pristine condition. :) :) :) :) :)

Bucket list item 1

1496667649_fob_watch.jpg

1496667752_fob_2.jpg

Bucket list item 2, 1800s club

1496667803_1879_britt.jpg

The two items with the circles around them are what were left in the plugs.

1496667889_finds.jpg

Cheers, Good Luck and Happy Days to all.

GDA :)

SinHof said:
An interesting collection of items there GDA, keep them coming.
Cheers, SinHof.

There's so much history in my little spot, I could only think the person leaving the relics in the holes was looking for $$$ Coins... Who knows really, but that was my good fortune. :) :Y:

Great to see you hit a couple of bucket list items gda, and not often one finds a fob watch with any glass to be seen at all, would be nice to find a gold one in an old tim hey ,... but who digs big iron targets hey ! :D

silver said:
Great to see you hit a couple of bucket list items gda, and not often one finds a fob watch with any glass to be seen at all, would be nice to find a gold one in an old tim hey ,... but who digs big iron targets hey ! :D

Fortunately I dig big iron targets mate. :) :Y:

Latest posts