Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight's date night dig with the wife wasn't too thrilling, the beach was rather clean and I thought hmmmm I wonder....After about 20 minutes I hit my first 30 signal which was the magic $2 coin, the signals started picking up with small coin spills....50c, 20, 10c in one hole, then hitting the wet sand 30 and 33 showed up, yup another small coin spillage $1 and $2....Signal of the night was a high screaming 42 and showed 4 inches deep but I knew better and dug away till I reached around 8 inches, I ran the detector over and it was deeper so I dug and hit something solid....a nice surprise with my first ever Army Tank woot woot. $13.25 minus $2.20 for a Mcdonalds Cone and Flake so total for 2 hours $15.45...1 Mood ring a Knife, an old pendant in bad shape and a button....

This may be the last date night dig with the wife, 2 hours is her limit and it is no where near enough time for me, my minimum limit is at least 4 hours....all good though we've had so much fun but her heart is not in it like mine.

1489934410_coins.jpg

1489934423_tank.jpg

1489934435_mood_ring.jpg

1489934450_pendant.jpg

1489934461_button.jpg

Until next time blokes, take care out there good luck and happy hunting.

Cheers GDA - Arthur

silver said:
Top lookin tank gda. :Y: :p :Y:
X 2 gda, still a good run, I've had a few shocker beach runs, that tank is beast, I wonder if you missed the plastic soldiers :rolleyes: :cool: :Y:
Might have needed a bucket sieve and excavate a large hole for them, I scored a pot plant container too :eek: :lol: :lol:
The ring is it stainless?

B5MECH said:
8) What colour did it change too? I've never seen one either :eek:

I changed to green and then purple...quite freaky actually I like it and it's a ring so I'll take that one to keep me in the at least one ring a week zone. :Y: :Y:

Tonight's dig was around 3 hours...at least 30 minutes was talking to those just being curious. One woman and her husband stopped asked question after question god I thought she would never stop, don't get me wrong I love a good chat but I also like to answer before the next question comes at me lol.
Her boyfriend said Suri let him answer before you ask another question, they had there dog with them and he was playing fetch while his gf was chatting to me, easy on the eyes I can tell you 8) {) :p :D . The dog ended up coming by me and wanted me to play fetch with him, the gf saying omg he loves you....ahhhh okay that's enough of that, next thing I know her boyfriend said I am off cya later Arthur, yup cya Matt...
He was off and she didn't want to leave but I think he knew that if he didn't move she'd still be there talking to me. Really nice couple and they had nice rings on as well...they couldn't help but run them past the detector.....her ring didn't get picked up by the detector, her bf said haha it's plastic and she is like omg no can you run it over again which I did and nothing, I then asked what type of ring and she said Platinum, I went into all metal mode and beep beep beep it read a 6 on the 505 which is one number I have canceled out most of the time and she breathed a sigh of relief.

Anyway I had a good dig, started slowly with the first target being a Car after that 50c, 50c, 50c, 10c followed by another and another I thought oh shit one of these nights, then two more cars and 10c, 5c, 5,c 10,c lol
I thought hmmmm I gotta get my game on I want to go home with some decent coinage, well 33 beeped and I got my first $1 followed up shortly after by another $1, the $2 coin came up when I hit the walkway, woop woop and from the picture you can see I ended up fairing pretty well.
The boat was one of the last finds with the (Eternity Symbol Ring) only a junker but another ring and I'll take it. Earring was close by the ring....

1490017394_coin_19.65.jpg

1490017498_boat.jpg

1490017514_hummer.jpg

1490017527_formula_1.jpg

1490017538_lambo.jpg

1490017549_ring.jpg

Until next time blokes take care, good luck and happy hunting.

Cheers GDA - Arthur

Ring a ding ding gda, nice story and finds mate ,.... at least you scored some new knowledge from your admirer ! :N: :p :Y:

Nice hunt Arthur, you sure the ring isn't silver? Some hallmarks can be really hard to find sometimes.

Can be difficult when people just want to keep chatting, I usually don't mind but yesterday I was pressed for time as I had parked in a 2 hour parking zone while at Manly beach and everyone just wanted to talk.... :)

silver said:
Ring a ding ding gda, nice story and finds mate ,.... at least you scored some new knowledge from your admirer ! :N: :p :Y:

Yes mate I did, I won't get Platinum rings unless I have the 6 discrimination on..... "_" - :)

Smoky bandit said:
Well done again mate..must be alot of kids missing there toys down there :Y: :D

And their coins lol Yeah mate I don't know what it is but when I hear that creaming pitch in the wet sand my heart beats a little faster until I see the discrimination number. :)

Heatho said:
Nice hunt Arthur, you sure the ring isn't silver? Some hallmarks can be really hard to find sometimes.

Can be difficult when people just want to keep chatting, I usually don't mind but yesterday I was pressed for time as I had parked in a 2 hour parking zone while at Manly beach and everyone just wanted to talk.... :)

Looked through the Loupe no markings.....they are a great couple very friendly and if I wasn't detecting I would have liked to converse more. :)

Nice lots 8) gda :lol: You found Michael Schumacher and his Ferrari :eek: :Y: what year is on it, guessing hotwheels? super cool dude find there :cool: :Y:
Could be a rare one :cool: :Y: looks older like 2000's
I wonder who would wear a shoe for an earring :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice fresh coins too, that beach must get some traffic

B5MECH said:
Nice lots 8) gda :lol: You found Michael Schumacher and his Ferrari :eek: :Y: what year is on it, guessing hotwheels? super cool dude find there :cool: :Y:
Could be a rare one :cool: :Y: looks older like 2000's
I wonder who would wear a shoe for an earring :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice fresh coins too, that beach must get some traffic

Most of the beaches I detect get a lot of traffic, last nights one I got in before the cleaner, he went further along the beach and would more than likely do the section I detected today....

The Hummer and Lambo are both 2004 so one might say the Ferrari is around the same date? No date on it though...and yes Hotwheels... :)

Possibly a little earlier than 04 :cool: cool find Schuie is a legend, cant believe what happened to him though, sad day when it happened :(
On a different but similar note the Melbourne F1's on this weekend, practice starts 10.30am Friday :cool: :Y:

Latest posts