Gold?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow nice find...laying all over the place eh? That's just terrible hehee.
I can see what looks like Mica in the left of the pic, but most of it does look like Gold!
Amazing find I reckon.

Hahaha! It would be terrible wouldn't it. Lol

Thanks Rusty. Have yet to confirm from a jeweler.

Maybe not yellow enough...

I'm in CBR if you wanted we could prob do a weekend and use my HighBanker :) If it's gold looks like we will both enjoy the day out haha

mate i have a gold test kit
now i was thinking maybe we could meet where you found it and i could run a test for you
just let me know where it was
you could just type it here i am sure no one would read it and then jump in and take it all hehehehe

being serious now well done hope it tests positive for you

Eric2017 said:
Hahaha! It would be terrible wouldn't it. Lol

Thanks Rusty. Have yet to confirm from a jeweler.
Yep, it's a good thing we got you; a good honest bloke willing to clean the mess up. :D

Update: All mica except two decent flakes.

I took it out and tested it with tweezers. The stuff "wrote" on the paper I had it on.

I also managed to get some gold today out of the Shoalhaven river and compared them. Clearly different.

Live and learn!

Pic from today.

1485416167_20170126_171639.jpg

Wow...that's incredible. It surprises me that it was heavy enough to stay in the pan? Well at least it saves you the work of having to clean it all up eh?

Thats a bummer about the fools gold :p We have all been there, once you learn what it feels like you won't make that mistake again :D

Thats true Eric , once you seen the real stuff you will never be tricked again . The fact some of it was gold is still very positive and worth doing more work on the spot. When you learn the spots where gold hides there is bound to be more there is better quantities :cool:

Latest posts