Gold Tours and Training Days that you WOULD Recommend

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a suggestion mate - if those that have recommended tour and training day operators could pop back in here and provide their website/contact details etc, maybe you could update the first post with a list containing all that info for future reference?

bundyjd said:
Just a suggestion mate - if those that have recommended tour and training day operators could pop back in here and provide their website/contact details etc, maybe you could update the first post with a list containing all that info for future reference?
Yes good idea i will see how i go with time over the next few days

DeepThoughtCycle said:
It would be cool to list the prices for these..... I know its a leap... or the range of cost which could be expected...

All you need to do is look'em up and contact them. This way you'll get the upto date pricing :Y:.

Well on the 16th of September The brother in law and I are doing a Gold tour through "Gold & Relics" in Creswick/Clunes near Ballarat. I'll post a review of them, shortly afterwards.

Been out and about on our own, looking for gold, but never found any, so am hoping to hit my first nugget!

Tours
VIC Gold Prospecting Australia
WA Eureka Prospecting
WA NSW VIC Gold and Relics Victorian based business and they do tag along tours to WA and NSW and also around Victoria
NSW & WA gold tours
WA Goldfields Kalgoorlie based. Steve
NSW Hill End-Tambaroora Gold Panning Tours Ted Abbott
VIC Golden Triangle Tours
WA John DyeR

Training Days
Training Day with Nenad Lonic (Phase Tech)
Training also with Gold Prospecting Australia
Training Day Golden Triangle Tours
Training Day Coiltek Maryborough
Training Day Sapphire and Rubyvale, Introductory day with Keith from Fascination tours
Training Day Goldtalk Leonora

NSW & WA Gold Tours ...... Review 2nd/3rd Sept.

Tours operated by Kim and her partner Linc .... great couple made everyone feel as though they'd been friends for years .... top points for personality.

Locations ..... they rotate through a few private properties that they have access to, some have been detected for a while others are 'newer' but all are proven producers and obviously don't get the flogging that 'public' areas get. The 2 areas we detected had very 'quite' ground compared to the Vic. goldfields. They explain the basic layout of the area and make suggestions depending on what detector you were using, you follow that info or do whatever you wanted.

Training .... will depend on your knowledge, we had a mixed group and I would say most would be classified as newbies because some, although experienced in prospecting/detecting, were using newly acquired GPZ units with which they had little experience. Kim and Linc would ensure everyone was set up correctly and then spend time with those that needed it.
Although they did NOT detect themselves (big thumbs up for that when you've got paying customers), they did use their detectors to locate potential targets and would then call someone over to read the signals and then retrieve the target (some were junk, some were gold).
one GPZ hadn't been through the 'update' so that night they took it home and updated it for the customer.

Although not requiring assistance myself (I wimped it by using the SDC), either Kim or Linc would came by on both days to ensure I was doing OK and getting some gold .... they did this with every tour participant.

Results ..... I was pleased with my result .... 32 bits for a total of 6.2gms.
A few pieces over the gram mark were found but no multi grammers ..... my observation was that this was more to do with people getting used to their new GPZ units (or newer GPZ users) rather than a lack of potential gold.
I would have reverted to my GPX on the second day but all gold that had been found was smooth and worn ... had what I found been spiky or a bit rough I would have detected the hillsides (at least that's what I would have done in Vic) assuming that's where it was shedding from but the landscape was just too foreign to me to attack it with confidence so the SDC won out.
At the end of the day Kim & Linc has made sure that everyone had found some yellow.

Food etc. .... BYO food and drink but think they had a few basics if you needed/wanted them (tea/coffee/water). Day 2 must have been in 'snake country' (or more so than day 1) and they made sure everyone had gaitors ... they provided them for anyone that hadn't brought a pair along.

Overall ... great operators, no one can guarantee gold but they sure go out of their way to make sure you find some.

Cheers Tom

Results from both days ....

1504524995_img_0727.jpg

1504524996_img_0728.jpg

7.62marksman said:
Tours
VIC Gold Prospecting Australia
WA Eureka Prospecting
WA NSW VIC Gold and Relics Victorian based business and they do tag along tours to WA and NSW and also around Victoria
NSW & WA gold tours
NSW Hill End-Tambaroora Gold Panning Tours Ted Abbott
VIC Golden Triangle Tours
WA John DyeR

Training Days
Training Day with Nenad Lonic (Phase Tech)
Training also with Gold Prospecting Australia
Training Day Golden Triangle Tours
Training Day Coiltek Maryborough
Training Day Sapphire and Rubyvale, Introductory day with Keith from Fascination tours

Is that Nugget in The Hand Prospecting ?

What area was your tour based from Tom, sounds like they have the right attitude for the job.

Hi Guys,

Went out on the Tour with Gold & Relics. Was good, not exactly as I expected. Had expected the big OCA 4WD, but there was only 3 people on the tour, so ended up having to take my car(actually the missus dualis), So if your going to go take the 4x4, so you don't get mud on the missus car :(.

Basically we met our guide in Creswick, and followed him up to first site. Was an area that had been surfaced, and we had a bit of a swing with the supplied SDCs. Found not much. Brother in law spent about 2 hours digging a hole, for a piece of corrugated iron.

After a spot of morning tea we headed into town to grab some lunch, and then we headed out to a different spot. This spot was more like what we usually hit, sparse bushland with shaft mines. Our Guide was very knowledgable, and he showed us a few tips for finding gold, and the brother in law found one small piece, and the other bloke, from New Zealand found two very small pieces.

Me I found a 20c coin from 2006 and a great many ring pulls.

I would recommend the tour to people who are allready interested, as it wasn't very touristy. Considering the price to hire an SDC for the day is about $90 anyway, the tour was quite good value, just for the experience for the beginer detector.

Hi Marauder, I assume you don't have a detector, shame he didn't use the beast to drive you around.
I've been out detecting (twice now) when he's showed up with a big group .... bit upsetting when you think you've got a spot to yourself but then again they're accessible to all the public.
Feel sure his customers on those days would have (or should have) found gold as they've produced repeatedly for me previously.
What did he charge? Around $200 plus detector hire?
At least you enjoyed it ... and hopefully learnt something (for when you get your own gold magnet).
Cheers T.

I've got my own detector, but I thought it was best to use his. The tour cost $247 and included the use of the detector and lunch. I've been out a few times before, but it was good to have the area confirmed, at least the type of landscape that can produce gold.

Really should have brought my own detector, but i thought we were going on the bus, otherwise would have left it in the car and had a go with the tour guide.

The dude really knew what he was doing, which was good. I was just expecting it to be more touristy!

Good stuff, I'll be trying a tour with Aussie Gold Prospector in the next week or so, $250 on private property, detector hire extra if needed.
Will be interesting to see how it goes, doing it mainly (apart from hoping to find gold) as a refresher on the GPX ..... seem to always reach for the SDC rather than look for (hopefully) bigger stuff away from the diggings.
Bit cheaper in general bushland or for 2 rather than 1 day.
Will review once it's completed.
Cheers T.

Latest posts