Gold Tours and Training Days that you WOULD Recommend

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out last Sunday with Darren on a Gold Tour and had a fantastic day.
Although have been giving the gold search for a little while with nothing
major found yet, I have learnt a lot more. Darren is full of information together
with years of experience. If you want to do something and learn a little more
about finding Gold or relics, go out for a day with this guy and you won't regret it. :)
https://goldandrelics.com.au/

Hi prskewes. I was on that tour and will second everything you've said about it.

I've read plenty about gold detecting on this forum and other sources etc, but to have an experienced detectorist explain the whys and where-fors out in the field with you is invaluable.

I plan on going back to the same area at some stage with my 705 to see how it reacts to the ground conditions compared to Darren's 5000's - expect I might be putting the 705 on ebay shortly after...

Cheers Graeme

Golden Triangle Tours (GGT) :Y: a few years back in parts of the GT central Vic. Don't have photos but well worth the money and fond memories of time spent with my brother. They also do tag along tours to Tibooburra and parts of WA from memory. A wealth of knowledge covering more than 30 years experience I have no affiliation with this company.

Ted Abbott
via "Willow Glen"
Hill End-Tambaroora
Gold Panning Tours

We were introduced to Ted last year by one of his close friends who we know from the Lake Maquarie area.
Ted invited us to tag along on one of his tours, taking out a group of parents and their children to the creek in the Golden Gully near his home in Tambaroora. We had a great time listening and watching Ted teaching the parents and children about gold, how to locate a good spot in the creek and then how to pan the gravel to reveal the gold.
Ted provides every thing needed to pan for gold , including a small vial to collect the gold found.
I think every one learned from Ted a little about the history of the Hill End gold rush, also what to look for in the creek and how to pan and every one left with a smile on their face and at least a little color in their vials.

Here is an article written by some one who had been on Ted Abbott's gold panning tour.
https://kidbucketlist.com.au/2015/04/14/gold-panning-a-trip-to-hill-end-for-a-little-prospecting/
1500372288_gold-panning-a-trip-to-hill-end-for-a-little-prospecting-9.jpg

Not sure about tours but did a training day with Nenad Lonic (Phase Tech).

Very informative introduction, detector settings with buried target to optimise signal reception then some detecting.
Walking along side the "pupils" (2 of us) explaining potential signal responses, why some signals were registering, how/when to ground balance around a target etc etc. Most importantly he didn't detect .... just walked with his pupils explains as we went (too many seem to do "training" but prospect themselves).

Not sure if this was a one off in Victoria, pretty sure he does tours in SA.

All round great bloke.
Cheers Tom.

Managed to see your 'temporary' tongue in cheek post BigWave ..... you should know enough of the blokes posting to sort the shite from the believable.

magoozil,
Thanks for posting about Steve ...
Was trying to think of him you mentioned when we were out wide.....
Will give him a bell when I am back in town....
In a month or so .....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Hi guys,

I went on an all inclusive tour to WA (Kalgoorlie)with Gold Relics (based in Cresswick) along with 8 other people, a couple from Germany and two from NZ. Run by Darren Kampe.

I cannot speak highly enough of the tour. Darren and his assistant were very informative and gave a talk each night on a different subject around the campfire ( we even had a movie night). Darren and his assistant never detected they were just going from person to person to watch and assist with technique etc and tried to make sure everyone found gold ( it took me 3 days to start my collection, see my avatar). Everything was provided except alcohol. The tents and stretchers were excellent Darrens wife and daughter put together excellent meals and more importantly it was fun and we all found gold. The Germans found about 24 grams to my 6 grams.

We also were told what to look for, when he took us out he explained the area, wether it was an area that he had found gold in before or a new area etc. Every day we went to a different place unless we found a patch and it was agreed we would revisit it.

I also attended a two day training session prior to the tour which was equally informative.

I would go again in a hearbeat if I was a bit fitter ( seven days straight detecting may be a bit of a stretch for me and my aches and pains lol)

Look up Gold Relics on the net they do lots of different tours to WA, NSW etc both all inclusive and tag along

Cherrs
Bob

Hi All.

I Highly recommend John from Eureka Prospecting, I Did his Tag-A-Long last year (2016) in W.A. He Knows his stuff VERY well. He doing it a bit different in 2018.
I Can't speak Highly Enough of him. I all so did his Gold Panning Day Course in Vic GREAT Day.
Cheers

Din'n-it and I went on a 9 day tour around Forsayth in FNQ with Gold Prospecting Australia, and highly recommend their friendliness, knowledge, professionalism and strong ethical behaviour. We would both not hesitate in recommending them to anyone. A great time was had by all.

OK here is what we have got so far
feel free to cut and past then add yours to it
or fix this one if you see a mistake

FNQ Gold Prospecting Australia
WA Eureka Prospecting
WA Gold Relics
NSW & WA gold tours
WA Goldfields Kalgoorlie based. Steve
NSW Hill End-Tambaroora Gold Panning Tours Ted Abbott
VIC Golden Triangle Tours
WA John Dyer

Training Day with Nenad Lonic (Phase Tech)

Latest posts