Gold rat 6"

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello mates!
Couple of things,
Firstly Who has a gold rat 6" bushwalker sluice and do you find it is a good all rounder for small creek and river works?
Second has anyone done any modifications to their 6" bushwalker to make it usable as a little clean up sluice at home while still being able to just throw in a creek/river when you go out..
Are there any tips and tricks to these little weapons?
Hopfully that all makes sense!
Happy digging fossickers!! :goldpan: :pickshovel:

I have the 6" with dream mat. Is that the one you mean?
Its awesome! I use it in the creek up at beechworth and its great for low flow areas.
I also use it as a clean up sluice at home, to wash my dryblower cons. I could make a header unit but at the moment I just have it sitting on tubs and a 10 litre bucket at the top of the sluice with a groove cut out of the bottom. Put a big rock in the bucket to hold it down and just flow water straight into the bucket...works good.
Idea came from Aussie Bloke Prospector....all his vids are amazing and well worth watching. I've learned heaps.

From 6:31 onwards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsLsqkWeQsk

I still feed the sluice at the head unlike how he feeds into the bucket but I'm sure either is fine.

The 6" gold rat sluice is able to work in slow and fast currents. The dreammat catches even the flower gold. I am extremely happy with the results. One of the best investments that I have made. In the faster currents put a rock across the top of the sluice to stop it moving and I have even used rocks to hold the flanges when the current is so strong but it still works with no loss of gold.

Happy Prospecting :D

B n B

Latest posts