Gold is very forgiving

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
In my haste to get down to a new promising spot with the low banker I forgot to take the pump. After panning for an hour with very promising results the back stated to get that familiar prospecting kink and i looked longingly at my banker. I had three choices....keep panning, pack up (neither excited me) or force fed the banker with buckets. Needless to say i choose the third option. Now i run ur and moss both of which will accept a very low flow to exchange out. So i bucketed away for the next half an hour getting some of the best gold for the season. I thought I'd let you guys know it does work, don't let a lack of water or a pump stop you enjoying collecting up the colours. Gold is very forgiving, and I'm mighty thankful it is.

good work GT it certainly does work, just like the old cradles mate, as olng as gold can drop out you should hold some. I once drove 2 hours to go for a banking session only to find out i'd left the old camlock in my waders at home.... did the same as you bucket at a time its def faster than panning :)

can we see some color.......pleeeeeees

I know of a guy who found himself in a similar situation when he took an oversized sluice to a non-flowing creek, had to manually feed water in the sluice but still ended up with great results.

I'm not really a show and tell person but I'll post something up just for you mate when i get home. Trying to keep the mrs happy atm so i can go back and dig that hole.

I have been in the position of driving for a few hours, only to arrive at the dig site to have no running water for my river sluice, always get left panning and that gets old real quick when you just want to do some classifying and run it. How does one manually feed the sluice with water without all your materials getting dis lodged with the stop/go of feeding with water?

Tips/pointers please, might give it a go? :)

It's nice to see your trip was still a good one for you Goldtarget and you didn't get left empty handed!

1395922189_img_20140323_220649.jpg
1395922222_img_20140323_221244.jpg
1395922252_img_20140327_230729.jpg

I'll do a quick photo and description in the morning for you ET, easier to explain, but it want a sluice, it was a low banker.

Latest posts