Gold Hog DownDraft Mat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broad beam hats, and a compulsory dunk in the river every half hour may be in order Skip... Shenanagins...wot u talkin' bout Skip, :eek: Have you no faith in our un-persuadable "Man of Steel with dignified conscience" referee.

To be in the presence of an honorable gentleman, with such upstanding flawless character....even whilst carrying a case of American Honey, will be a great honor to behold. :cool:

Cheers Wal.

hereskip never mind the shade , i was thinking more along the lines of grandstand seating for the crowd to get a good birdseye view as the shovels fly and gravel screams as it flies down those grizzlies.

things are hotting up.

are you guys doing this HB comparison this coming weekend ?

i was planning a trip down there to hit my secret spot but now i am thinking i will have to bring along some smoke grenades to hide my trail as i disappear into the bushes

youz will all have to promise to turn around and close your eyes okay ?

no peepin !

:lol:

HeadsUp said:

i was planning a trip down there to hit my secret spot but now i am thinking i will have to bring along some smoke grenades to hide my trail as i disappear into the bushes

no peepin !

You're secret spot is safe with us mate, as we are "all" :cool: tall pillars in a scrupulous society, with great respect for secret locations, and take every endeavor to lead fellow prospectors up the garden path as far away from said secret location as possible, :eek:

The Banker comparisons, and the exact location will be by invitation only as a huge crowd will only disrupt the vid. You are however invited if you wish to come along....so send me a PM for info. ;)

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
HeadsUp said:

no peepin !

You're secret spot is safe with us mate, as we are "all" :cool: tall pillars in a scrupulous society, with great respect for secret locations, and take every endeavor to lead fellow prospectors up the garden path as far away from said secret location as possible, :eek:

The Banker comparisons, and the exact location will be by invitation only as a huge crowd will only disrupt the vid. You are however invited if you wish to come along....so send me a PM for info. ;)

Cheers Wal.

great !

might see you there then , just look for the smoke trail disappearing behind the second bush 63.5 metres downstream from the bridge

( but thats our secret . dont tell anyone okay )

seriously , cant we hire a bit of grandstand seating for the event ?

free entry to the first 50 attendees . . . . . . . .

and put the grandstand on a 12 degree slope so we dont have to tilt our heads as we follow the gravel down the Grizzly ?

we dont want anyone getting sore necks . you know how bad it can be watching the tennis from courtside

You'll fit in with our band of merry men well mate, as your skill in throwing one off the scent must be applauded and admired. Smoke trail,...second bush,....downstream from bridge,... :eek: all the signs of a master with many years experience in decoy navigation, .....Would take a dedicated team of blood hounds to sniff out such a well hidden location. :cool:

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
You'll fit in with our band of merry men well mate, as your skill in throwing one off the scent must be applauded and admired. Smoke trail,...second bush,....downstream from bridge,... :eek: all the signs of a master with many years experience in decoy navigation, .....Would take a dedicated team of blood hounds to sniff out such a well hidden location. :cool:

Cheers Wal.

great

i shall apply those techniques as soon as i get a secret spot to use them on

In the mean time i shall give you a wave from upstream behind the 7th bush..... :cool:

Hmmm very interesting, i am likeing the sound of this digoff :D

We changed over to gold hog mat a while ago and have not looked back.
We were initaly sceptical about the mats but liked the idea of less cons at the end of the day, and after seeing the mats in action at the Oallen we decided to give them a go.
Alot of people seem to think you need a huge long sluice to use the mats. We have added an extension to our highbanker but more for piece of mind and to get water/tailings a bit further away from where we are digging, 99% of the gold is found on the top mat of the sluice (for us).
We do loose a few specs, for us after about 20, 10ltr buckets we have about 6 tiny specs in tailings from the front of the sluice. This was with about 0.1g in the top mat of the sluice.

We do primarily run GH mats though we do use some punch plate at the top of the sluice and sometimes some expanded metal and even a square of miners moss every now and again under the punch plate, depending on areas we are working.

Flood warnings for the Shoalhaven this weekend, so postponed till weather clears.....not worth taking unnecessary risks as I've witnessed what the Shoalhaven is capable of. :eek:

Wal.

Damn! Judges should of allocated another site. Maybe tuena? I'm so looking forward to this. It's X factor , biggest loser, my kitchen rules and Australian idol all in 1 and to take glory the MASTER CHEF! Can't wait for the vid

Im pretty keen to see the outcome. Have screwed with my highbanker so much of late but am never satisfied. Gold Hog matting would be my next choice. My mate and i have improvised with pallet packing protection, which is a bend of plastic that goes on the top edge of a load to prevent strap damage. The funny thing is that the inside edge of the plastic is all riffled and when cut appropriately and put into your banker it is basically a really cheap/ free Gold hog mat substitute. Tested at Oallen last weekend and it worked well. I'll see if i can figure out how to upload a pic.

1393664285_img_8546.jpg

Showmethemoney that looks the goods, if there is nothing in a catch pan just flog it.
I use GH mat, it is good but not the perfect or only solution.
Hope that red turns yellow next time you're out.

Latest posts