Gold Crevicing Tools information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They work well. Popped a nice little bit out of a crevice at Windeyer with one. XIV now has my old one - sold with my sluice. Not sure if he's using it but a nifty tool to have in your kit for $6. Seemed reasonably sturdy too. When I had the wet prospecting gear, which I've all but sold off in favor of detecting, I was always on the lookout for bits & pieces like that to throw in my backpack of crevicing tools.
Now we've had some rain & the 5000 has been sent away for repairs might have to pick up another & do a day of crevicing/panning to relieve the itch :lol:

liam1994 said:
New to the game so just slowly picking up some tools today I got this for 6$ it seems like a perfect crevicing tool for rocks! https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2856/1397720196_image.jpg

Missus bought 3 of these things from Aldi 2 weeks ago $3 or $4 each...one for me, one for her...and a spare.
Tried it out in the hard packed rocks in the driveway, great little ripping tool...and will be awesome for the crevices.
Also picked up a set of jimmy bars from Aldi at Taree...reduced to $6 ....so took them home with the milk and bread :D

I picked up some new crevicing tools today from Supercheap, so I thought I'd share them with you guys :)

36" Bedrock Splitter
20" Probe (AKA Screwdriver) - I'm hoping to get the end bent into a hook shape.
2 other crevicing tools

I'm looking forward to testing them out this weekend.

1441091921_imag1112.jpg

Good cross section of the right tools for the job there mate.....and how good is it shopping at places like Supercheap for prospecting ideas.....hard to walk out of there without leaving a few bucks at the till.

Wal.

Thanks Wal, the funny thing is I was looking for something un-prospecting related and then all of a sudden "BAM", crevicing tools everywhere :D

Nugget said:
Thanks Wal, the funny thing is I was looking for something un-prospecting related and then all of a sudden "BAM", crevicing tools everywhere :D
Gets me every time ! :D

Hi all, anyone got any Idea's or pics on how to make your own crevicing tools, best steel to make them out of, shapes ets. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Len

Ok thanks AR. No didn't even think about the pun....until you mentioned it. Will do a search thanks mate.

AtomRat said:
cecc said:
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Was that pun intentional :lol:

Im starting to forget names as we have soo many awesome members, but a bloke on the forum makes and sells a great design. I think its Ryan42 but i could be off with the numbers and too slack to search

1449277149_thumb.jpg

That's ok, I just went down to Super Cheap looking at little crow bars, and I found some real treasures, on is a what they call a, 'wrecking too', and the other is called a scraper I think, and some work gloves for $20. Got a trades card too, 10% off on Wed nights I think it is. Will put a photo hope it does it justice.

1449282531_crevicing_tools_compressed.jpg

Aldi had some real top garden tool for crevicing,they come back from time to time.

Regards Frank

thedigger said:
Aldi had some real top garden tool for crevicing,they come back from time to time.

Regards Frank

Yes!

They had these a week or two ago for a few bucks each. 2nd from left caught my eye, really strong heavy construction and stainless steel, 3 of 90 degree prongs with nice pointed tips, cut 2 outside prongs off & it would be excellent for getting into tight spots

Crappy photo sorry but all I could find. You may check Ben, could be some left over.

1453468409_image.jpg

Latest posts