Gold Crevicing Tools information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V_8 said:
Very nicely made, looks like it will bust some cracks thats four sure. Good Job on it. I had something similar in the past, though i used that for pulling stuck axles :)

Hey v_8 that would be a slide hammer I would care to guess with a hook or eye on the ends.......same principle just works in reverse.
cheers

Yes slide hammer made from low carbon steel so they don't snap just bend.
The CREVICECRACKER is forged from 5160 high carbon steel.
Cheers.

thesmithy said:
Finished it today.
great for opening up cracks and crevices splitting shale
eliminates the need for a hammer chisel and point.

They have been around for years just my version.

Wal gets first go as he named it THE CREVICECRACKER

Will have it at Nundle.
cheers.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/427/1389618156_imag0342.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/427/1389618185_imag0334.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/427/1389618216_imag0336.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/427/1389618255_20140113_225224.jpg

Can't wait to check it out mate. That mk1 version i got from you at the Tuena Outing has traveled right around Australia with us, and was a god send at Halls Creek last winter. Made crevcicing a most enjoyable experience. :D

Cheers Wal.

Yeah smithy i see where the idea came from - i had a HQ axle stub welded to one end of mine, seemed i was changing diffs every few weeks in my early 20's...... back before the fun police made us a nanny country.

There will be a few in the works shortly.
Tommy Knocker now that has a ring to it THE CREVICECRACKER TOMMY KNOCKER THINGY MARJIG
Skip wish I was down with you lot to hot up here working in the heat 38c here today.

Chris would you like a his and her one for you and Dozer.

Will have it at Nundle so if anyone want to give it a work out I will only be asking for 10% of your gold.

Have decided to only take half of my gadgets up to Nundle.....so will only have 2 tonne of excess equipment now.
Still have the RV5 30 second tent that takes 3 beers and 40 minutes to setup.

My restaurant will be open from Thursday evening......just purchased a new WOK and a high heat Wok burner. On the menu will be green curry and fluffy rice....Massaman curry. Scrambled eggs with bacon for breakfast.
lunch sanga's with corn meat tomato onion beetroot sweet mustard sauce & beer.....on rye.

pre dinner knibbles.......salami, semi sun dried tomatoes, gerkins, fetta cheese in olive oil, tasty cubed cheese with crackers......& a beer.

Chocolate pudding for Wal with custard and ice cream......I'm dreaming again.......sorry Wal just had to say that.

day 2
I knew you were all waiting for that.

just drop by and put your orders in.

Liz will be assisting me in the kitchen.

Leave a spare spot right next to your tent for me mate....I'm leaving all my prospecting gear at home :D and spending the weekend on a banana lounge outside your kitchen. Between you and Liz we may be able to film a new series of Master Chef "Nundle Style"......pudding...custard....ice cream :eek: ....who needs gold or sapphires. :D

Cheers Wal.

IT'S SMEE AGAIN
Here is a great tool for cleaning out the bottom of the crack crevice.
different sizes........smallest end is only 6mm x 6mm wide.
I was going to cap the ends and put a handle on them......did a test in a crack on the driveway....then realized it was way more useful with no handle as you can slide it into the crevice then using a small brush push all the fines onto the very narrow scoop......lift it out drop into pan then do it again.......turn it around for larger crack/crevices.

The other scraper is a 25mm power hacksaw blade 3mm thick......for scraping that last little crack where all the good chunky bits hide.

will have them at Nundle for all to have a go with.
3 different sizes. 316 stainless steel......just carry in your pocket.

Hope you like them.
Cheers.
1390111255_imag0347.jpg

1390111290_imag0351.jpg

1390111323_imag0351.jpg

1390111374_imag0348.jpg

Great work Smitty, I'm looking forward to taking them out for a spin.

Latest posts