Geovic information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldtruck59 said:
Gidday all

Just spent an hour on the geovic website trying to work out how to look at maps of gold bearing areas. I got inspired by seeing the map below posted by Walshy1000 on the Beauford thread.
Could some kind soul talk me through it please on how to get similar images as below so I can plan trips and do homework. Geez getting old is crap !! :8 8)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1433561382_screenshot_2015-06-06-13-28-44.jpg

What are the red circles filled with red dots? Gotta be gold related!!!

1450862398_screen_shot_2015-12-23_at_8.19.08_pm.png

+Layers > Mineral Areas > Leads and Workings detail ;)

casper

Next question...
I can easily find the gullies and diggings around Ballarat etc now, but cannot locate any around Eldorado/Beechworth no matter how close I zoom in. Is this because none have been mapped out or an I doing something wrong?
Cheers,
spatch

Annoying that eh! - seems that that the deep and shallow leads and shallow workings data (and Regolith) is pretty much concentrated to the Victorian central western goldfields with few exceptions. We Gippslanders miss out too!!

casper

AR,
Geovic 2 working as normal on the laptop.There is a planned maintenance outage later today.

Regards

Ian

Atom,
I was looking for it yesterday to plan for the long weekend in the GT and saw the link to Ver 2 had been taken from the website. Luckily I still had a URL to Ver 2 that worked, so it's still there - just lurking - not sure for how long though. Am slowly getting used to Ver 3, though no way as user friendly IMO.

BigWave said:
Atom,
I was looking for it yesterday to plan for the long weekend in the GT and saw the link to Ver 2 had been taken from the website. Luckily I still had a URL to Ver 2 that worked, so it's still there - just lurking - not sure for how long though. Am slowly getting used to Ver 3, though no way as user friendly IMO.
Do you have that URL still BW?

Anybody having trouble with Geovic? I just tried to jump on it, but it "Failed to generate a map engine not defined". The link to report an error isn't working either. That made me very sad. Awwww. :(

Latest posts