Where has Zoom Earth gone?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used to switch from Google Earth to Zoom Earth when checking potential prospecting spots, but Zoom Earth now has only weather maps. Does anyone know if It's still there, maybe under a different setting? Are there any sites similar to google maps? Thanks, wiley.

This actually kills google earth, you can overlay all mining records available on tengraph,tenements, minedex etc.
My new go to.
Great if your in WA.
That resources data isn't available for other states like NSW.
You can however load each states resource data via KML/KMZ files into Google Earth or Maps.

This webpage will run like an app on iPhones and iPads if you click the square with the arrow and add to your homepage.
I can see wa and sa have mining info, limited info for qld nothing for nt or other states, which makes me wondering if it’s up to the states to add to. I love google earth, but overlaying kmz a a bit frustrating and hoping one day trilobite may have a webpage for at home research with more than two layers.

Looks like Zoom Earth has always been a weather app?
Can't really help, I just use the Google Earth Pro & Australian Topo Maps apps.
IMG_20230821_223252MP.jpgIMG_20230821_222019MP.jpg
mbasko. Here's what zoom earth used to look like. You could go back to view earlier years also, as shown by the dates on these. It also gave distance from one point to another. Plus co-ordinates. Very useful maps.

Only had a look on my phone but clicking the sat icon and changing to hd rather than live give you the option to change dates, you can also change layers to remove clouds but the resolution isn’t that great when zoomed in.
Maybe different on a pc

Hippy79. Their resolution, when blown up, is much better than google. It was also handy to go back in the years, as you could get summer and winter views, so you could pick up different anomalies on the surface.

I’m lazy and rely to much on my phone or iPad these days, but on the iPhone it blurs out and doesn’t renders properly.
But love the idea of going back in time.
I prefer to be using things that work on my mobile devices so if needs be I can check them while out.
Being able to go back in time would be great. No cloud days & even drought years can show a run of diggings more clearly.

Latest posts