General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another 8mm to bring the 24hr total to 62 :perfect: the local BOM weather station recorded 61 given its about 12km as the crow flys that's a good even spread. Up around Strathbogie they must have got the predicted overnight storm, recordings between 130 and 144 that'll have the creeks flowing. I reckon reedy creek will have a bit of flow today going by the reported falls.

Forecast for the hills above Traralgon accross to Bairnsdale in Gippsland are expecting heavy rains. Possible falls of upto 500mm from Wednesday night through to Friday :argh: the water table is already at ground :argh:

Hopefully the damage isn't too bad.

Just popped in to check up on you all :lol:

It's blowing It's guts out here, has all day and most likely will for the next day or two. The info came from John's Weather Chanel which Kate showed me. It's the last thing people around there need, but that's weather like it or not.

Got a bit dusty on my parcel/letter run today. I wasn't driving today fortunately my off sider was.
If you look carefully on the right you can just see the edge of the road.

1623065858_20210607_210337.jpg

Well after a pretty full on 24 hrs its now nice and calm. . Hope everyone here has come through unscathed. A weather station up the road from a bloke at work recorded 126 Kph . Was secretly hoping my roof might relocate as it needs replacing. :eek:

Yeh pretty wild in Eastern Vic.
Greenies are shedding tears over trees that have been uprooted and scared by the roofing iron they fell on, being electrocuted by the power lines they fell on and having limbs broken by the cars they fell on . Worse still theyre being attacked by chainsaws while lying peacefully on roofs and roadways.

limpalot said:
Went to Falls Creek on Monday, could just see the orange posts for the last 6 Km. Worse on he way down.
And thats a good road John. Lucky you werent on the harrietville Hotham road, thats damn scary in crap weather.

Bjay said:
limpalot said:
Went to Falls Creek on Monday, could just see the orange posts for the last 6 Km. Worse on he way down.
And thats a good road John. Lucky you werent on the harrietville Hotham road, thats damn scary in crap weather.

Did that before and after Christmas with the bike lunatics, Truck and dog 31 Ton, Glad I'm not up there now.
Bet the wood pile got a hammering this week.

limpalot said:
Bjay said:
limpalot said:

Did that before and after Christmas with the bike lunatics, Truck and dog 31 Ton, Glad I'm not up there now.
Bet the wood pile got a hammering this week.
At least in true truck you wouldnt feel em go under the wheels. :argh:

i was doing the same with my roof for 3 years Bjay ,did not even knock the loose nails down, but had to put the hand in the pocket eventually 8.( bloody thieves the roofing mobs

Well it has rained 22 hours straight and now I can here the lawn chairs and wheely bins sneaking off around the otherwise of the house.

I think we should bring back the drought, Monday was the first day in months I could access all paddocks in the ute but after this it will be quad bikes only again :mad:

How is the south coast ? Radar shows the gong and Nowra getting a refresh.

Latest posts