General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manpa said:
Like most metro jetties it won't be repaired, just shortened. It is amazing that jetties always seem to be Buck passed from government, to local council to marine parks etc. expensive to build, medium maintainance costs if done in a timely manner and more often than not completely neglected.

It's been repaired in the past and would most likely be repaired again. I just want to get this cold weather over and done with so I can get down there to detect the waters. :D

Bjay said:
Jackpot said:
Bjay if you had BT50 you would have been able to drive straight out :power:
I understand the superior traction, power and all round 4wd capabilities of the BT fity but cant see even one of them true behemoths of the 4wd world driving out of this. : :p https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1528_2623df17-575e-4da1-baac-ae23b1b4f3c4.jpg

What is that White stuff covering the wagon
What ever it is
Its Not natural to live in a place like that
Give me a Pilbara Winter any time

A bit of luck looked after the old folks at Stocko today :argh:

1565358911_e1a64f75-5463-468c-933a-0e2022c3439e.jpg

1565358911_ecff0b4e-f569-4c4a-9275-a045cb86622d.jpg

Bjay said:
Jackpot said:
Bjay if you had BT50 you would have been able to drive straight out :power:
I understand the superior traction, power and all round 4wd capabilities of the BT fity but cant see even one of them true behemoths of the 4wd world driving out of this. : :p

you can guess what would happen if you were inside the vehicle when it has snow all over the top and around the sides like that.

If you tried to run the engine to keep warm the exhaust would have nowhere to go and might seep up inside the vehicle giving you a lights out moment of carbon monoxide. :argh: :zzz:

Well, I for one fell for the weather forecast sucker punch this weekend. Had planned to go to the GT but they were talking up some nasty weather down here, which other than late during the week never really eventuated to much. Although, I guess high winds when you're out detecting under those widow-maker branches on your own is probably best avoided. Mrs Deepseeker is very understanding though, so it looks like next weekend now :Y: Here's hoping :sunny:

Not looking good.
https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/b1d7379f8cd952289f6c6942ce9ecb64?width=650
Forecaster Livio Remano has never seen such extreme conditions in the 20 years he has worked with the Bureau of Meteorology, comparing the long-term seasonal outlook to a bad chest X-ray.

Its horrible, its a horrible map to look at, he said on Thursday.

I have never seen this before in my life the entire country of Australia is covered in deep red.
A map showing the chance of above median maximum temperatures from December to February. Picture: BOMSource:Supplied

That red colour means 70 to 80 per cent of the country will experience above-average temperatures. The forecast is based on an extremely positive Indian Ocean Dipole (IOD).

Westerly winds weaken along the equator and push warm water towards Africa during a typical IOD.

The wind changes allow cool water to rise from the depths of the ocean in the east, causing a temperature difference across the tropical Indian Ocean, with unusually cooler water in the east and warmer water in the west.

It means atmospheric moisture levels drop in Australias northwest, which alters the path of weather systems coming from Australias west.

The result is less rainfall and higher than normal temperatures over parts of Australia.

Latest posts