General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigWave said:
My youngest daughter is heading to Mt Hotham this Thursday pm for the weekend.
Told her not to buy a lift pass or hire skis until Friday (ha); take a GPS to find their car on Sunday, and to take a big shovel with her.

Good advice :Y:

BigWave said:
Told her not to buy a lift pass or hire skis until Friday (ha); take a GPS to find their car on Sunday, and to take a big shovel with her.

Not sure I'd be going there this weekend - nasty forecast!! Unless they plan to spend the whole time in front of the fire with a few bourbons (that I'd be doing!).

1565185718_mt_hotham.jpg

BigWave said:
Hope shes going via Omeo Bigwave. Every possibility that the Harrietville approach could be closed as it happens often when they get a big dump. Definitely would be going day by day with lift tickets too as most likely that a lot of lifts could be on wind hold. If shes driving a diesel it would pay to use additive as well as alpine diesel . Alpine diesel nowadays isnt what it used to be from what Ive heard and there still can be some problems, especially with the forecast low temps and windchill. Spent about an 1 1/2 hours digging the triton our couple of years ago and it wasnt fun. Hope she has a great time anyway.

Wishfull said:
8 degrees here atm. Tomorrow supposed to be 13 and 110 kay Southerly winds. Lovely day.
Time to go kite surfing Cape Jarvis around KI and back meet you at Jarvis maybe invite Manpa as well
Pagan P

Actually stopped surfing on a beautiful stormy day at Waitpinga came in after a couple of sets and sitting on the beach watching the other surfers and the sun came out such a fantastic sight the sun was shining through the waves showing several sharks to about 4m chasing salmon and following boards (and no i wasnt smoking) :)

Yeah but you still gotta get in to start it. Probably would have only taken 1/2 hour but had done me knee so was being gentle. :Y:

Funniest thing was watching all the all wheel drives trying to get out. Basically had to dig everything out to the bitumen. Only had to dig majority from the front , a track to get in,low range diff lock in and walk out.

Bjay said:
Jackpot said:
Bjay if you had BT50 you would have been able to drive straight out :power:
I understand the superior traction, power and all round 4wd capabilities of the BT fity but cant see even one of them true behemoths of the 4wd world driving out of this. : :p https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1528_2623df17-575e-4da1-baac-ae23b1b4f3c4.jpg

Unfortunately I have to drive a couple of hundred kms in this weather to caretake my daughters farm/animals etc, until Monday. Would rather be at home in front of a nice fire, but thems the breaks.

Rob P

Bjay said:
Big Wave just looking at the radar the daughters gonna need a bigger shovel. Damn wishing I was heading up there in a couple of days.
They reached the carpark just as they were closing the road, so very lucky there.
The lass says the snow's great, but high wind chill and very blizzardy.

Latest posts